Author Topic: The curious case of how a 9-year-old self-proclaimed cocaine dealer became an Instagram influencer  (Read 489 times)

Offline mrclose

C-NBC celebrating American capitalism. :patriot:

A pint-size girl wearing a jean jacket with the tags still on fans a stack of $100 bills at the camera. She gets in the driver's seat of a red Mercedes-Benz, though her legs are too short to reach the pedals.

"This is why all y'all f----- haters hate me b----," Lil Tay says in a squeaky, prepubescent voice. "This s--- cost me 200,000. I'm only 9 years old. I ain't got no license, but I still drive this sports car b----. Your favorite rapper ain't doing it like Lil Tay."

The video has been viewed more than 9 million times on Instagram alone. It's all typical speech from the preteen provocateur, who has 1.7 million Instagram followers and 150,000 subscribers on YouTube, not to mention starring in other influencer's Snapchats. Her Twitter account was recently shut down.

It's a remarkable feat for anyone — especially considering Lil Tay, at her self-proclaimed age of 9, is too young to have an account on any of these social media platforms. Despite her age and the obviously inappropriate content, she's been able to get verified on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/11/lil-tay-shows-social-platforms-dont-enforce-age-restrictions.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Someone's parents just made her into a character. Sadly, some of these Instagram 'influencers' make tens of thousands a month playing these characters.

Offline mrclose

Someone's parents just made her into a character. Sadly, some of these Instagram 'influencers' make tens of thousands a month playing these characters.
I didn't know that.
(I am not a member)

How does it work?
(The money making)
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I didn't know that.
(I am not a member)

How does it work?
(The money making)

We revenue based on followers and views. The weirder the character you play, the more followers you may get. I doubt much of what is said about this kid is real.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon