Author Topic: Ominous images show Kilauea’s destruction on Hawaii’s Big Island  (Read 712 times)

rangerrebew

Ominous images show Kilauea’s destruction on Hawaii’s Big Island
by Amy B Wang May 10 at 10:47 AM Email the author

The latest eruptions of Kilauea, the most active volcano on Hawaii’s Big Island, have rendered parts of a once-serene neighborhood on the island unrecognizable.

On April 30, the floor of a crater on top of the volcano collapsed, sending its pool of lava back underground and causing small earthquakes. Scientists predicted the magma would travel elsewhere and push its way back to the surface somewhere in the East Rift Zone. They were correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/05/08/ominous-images-show-kilauea-volcanos-destruction-on-hawaiis-big-island/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8ca0c075aa53

Offline musiclady

We took a walk on the floor of Kilauea two years ago.   A few months later, it started acting up.

My guess is that no one is taking that hike these days......

And that this little guy is no longer with us.....

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Joe Wooten

It's hard to have much sympathy for those who'd live on the slopes of an active volcano. I have as much sympathy for them as I do for those who live in floodplains. It's a problem that is easy to avoid.

Offline mountaineer

We took a walk on the floor of Kilauea two years ago.   A few months later, it started acting up.

My guess is that no one is taking that hike these days......
Not without asbestos hiking boots!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Not without asbestos hiking boots!  :laugh:

And gas masks??   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.