Author Topic: Jubeir: Saudi Arabia will seek nuclear weapon if Iran does  (Read 660 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Jubeir: Saudi Arabia will seek nuclear weapon if Iran does

AFP Wednesday, 9 May 2018
Text size A A A

Saudi Arabia will seek to develop its own nuclear weapons if Iran does, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told CNN on Wednesday, amid spiraling tension between the regional rivals.

Asked whether Riyadh would “build a bomb itself” if Tehran seizes on Washington's withdrawal from the 2015 Iran deal to resume a nuclear weapons program, Jubeir said: “If Iran acquires nuclear capability we will do everything we can to do the same.”

Saudi Arabia has long said it would match any Iranian weapons development, but Jubeir’s renewed vow came after US President Donald Trump pulled the United States out of an accord designed to prevent Tehran’s alleged quest for the bomb.

cont at:   http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2018/05/09/Jubeir-Saudi-Arabia-will-seek-nuclear-weapon-if-Iran-does.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Jubeir: Saudi Arabia will seek nuclear weapon if Iran does
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:46:42 pm »
You cannot allow countries to become 'Nuclear', whose leadership and common man on the street believe they answer to a higher power.

...or have promised to obliterate Israel into the sea.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:33 am »
DC wrote:
"You cannot allow countries to become 'Nuclear', whose leadership and common man on the street believe they answer to a higher power.
...or have promised to obliterate Israel into the sea."

Of course not.
Israel will never permit this to happen.

They've proved that they mean it twice already -- In Iraq back around 1981 (or so), and in Syria just a few years ago.

Not gonna happen in Saudi Arabia, either.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:33:03 am »
I don't know if Israel will be able to stop the Saudis so easily, given that they're both strong US allies.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:26 pm »
I don't know if Israel will be able to stop the Saudis so easily, given that they're both strong US allies.

Better to stop Iran to take away the reason.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:37:11 pm »
There was cooperation and intelligence sharing between Israel and Iran to destroy the Osirak reactor in Baghdad.  Don't be terribly surprised if we find out one day the Saudis and Israelis worked together on Iran.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 03:23:13 am »
@edpc Much preferable ;)
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.