Author Topic: ICC prosecutor urges Libyan authorities to hand over 'executioner'  (Read 420 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
ICC prosecutor urges Libyan authorities to hand over 'executioner'
Nadine Dahan
Thursday 10 May 2018 13:02 UTC
Last update:
Thursday 10 May 2018 15:41 UTC

The International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor has called upon Libyan authorities to surrender military commander Mahmoud al-Werfalli, who is accused of war crimes including mass executions and summary killings.

Fatou Bensouda told the UN Security Council on Wednesday that Werfalli, along with Saif al-Islam Gaddafi and Al-Tuhamy Khaled, has yet to be handed over to the court.

Despite the warrant out for his arrest, she said there are now "credible allegations" that he has committed further murders which may also be prosecuted as war crimes, she said.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/icc-prosecutor-urges-libyan-authorities-hand-over-executioner-802843023
Non-graphic non-gory photos at link but still disturbing,  pictures apparently just prior to some extrajudicial executions.

Though it says, these were carried out by the LNA, Libyan National Army, I wouldn't take that to mean, a very "official" type of army.

This is bad stuff.

Yes, ISIS exists in Libya but they don't seem to be a formidable force, these executions I'd say, likely were not against ISIS prisoners. This is pretty bad. I hope they catch this fellow. This compares to some of the horrors of ISIS.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:32:39 am by TomSea »