Author Topic: Watch 1998 Rudy Giuliani Completely Torpedo 2018 Rudy Giuliani’s Trump Arguments  (Read 703 times)

Offline Suppressed

Watch 1998 Rudy Giuliani Completely Torpedo 2018 Rudy Giuliani’s Trump Arguments
“You gotta do it. I’m mean, you don’t have a choice.”
05/10/2018 12:31 am ET By Ed Mazza
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-president-has-to-testify_us_5af3b511e4b0859d11d03279

Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and part of President Donald Trump’s legal team, is coming under fire... from himself.

Comments he made in 1998 during the investigation into President Bill Clinton seem to undermine the arguments he’s making today for Trump.

On Sunday, Giuliani said the president doesn’t have to testify even if subpoenaed by special counsel Robert Mueller.

[...]

But he sang a different tune in an interview with interviewer Charlie Rose two decades ago.

“You gotta do it,” he said. “I’m mean, you don’t have a choice.”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

20 years ago I thought flip phones were fine, smoking pot was illegal and airline travel was a pleasure.

Offline Suppressed

20 years ago I thought flip phones were fine, smoking pot was illegal and airline travel was a pleasure.

What was the legal change on subpoenas since then? I missed that legislation.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At the risk of drawing the wrath of the owners, this was also 1998 Rudy Giuliani:

! No longer available
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The 2018 version of Giuliani has done enough damage.  That’s why he’s benched and the uber drip Pence is now speaking about the Mueller probe.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

The 2018 version of Giuliani has done enough damage.  That’s why he’s benched and the uber drip Pence is now speaking about the Mueller probe.

Uber Drip? I'll have you know that stiff is going to be the savior of the republic........as far as some here are concerned.

Offline edpc

Uber Drip? I'll have you know that stiff is going to be the savior of the republic........as far as some here are concerned.

I know......most of them don't realize he was in a political death spiral in his home state before getting the VP slot.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Guiliani built up a pretty nice legacy leading NYC after 9-11.  Shocked he would risk it all like he's doing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

Guiliani built up a pretty nice legacy leading NYC after 9-11.  Shocked he would risk it all like he's doing.

Well, now he's doing it full time.  Hard to say whether this was his idea or a strong suggestion from the partners.....

Giuliani And His Manhattan Law Firm Part Ways

WASHINGTON (AP) — Rudy Giuliani is leaving his Manhattan law firm to focus solely on his new role on President Donald Trump's legal team.

The former New York City mayor originally planned simply to take a leave of absence from the law firm of Greenberg Traurig when he joined Trump's outside team last month.

But the law firm released a statement Thursday announcing that the parting would be permanent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-manhattan-law-firm-part-ways-162659275--politics.html

The firm has released a statement regarding the comments Giuliani made concerning making payments and handling situations for clients, without their knowledge.  Apparently, they disagree.....

“We cannot speak for Mr. Giuliani with respect to what was intended by his remarks,” Greenberg Traurig spokeswoman Jill Perry told the New York Times. “Speaking for ourselves, we would not condone payments of the nature alleged to have been made or otherwise without the knowledge and direction of a client.”

The Times reported that there had been concerns among the firms partners about Giuliani’s comments. Greenberg Traurig was also home to lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who became the center of a massive corruption scandal in the mid-aughts.

Giuliani, however, has since pushed back, according to MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace, who said she spoke to him over the phone before her Thursday afternoon show. On Thursday’s broadcast, she said that she asked Giuliani about the Times report, and specifically about the firm’s statement.

“Quote, ‘They don’t know what they’re talking about. We do this all the time. They do this all the time for their clients,'” Wallace said Giuliani told her.

http://api.talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/giuliani-firm-secret-pay-offs