Author Topic: Treasury watchdog probing how Stormy Daniels lawyer got Cohen's bank records  (Read 703 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Treasury watchdog probing how Stormy Daniels lawyer got Cohen's bank records
The Hill, May 9, 2018, Luis Sanchez and Sylvan Lane

The Treasury Department’s inspector general is investigating how Stormy Daniels’s lawyer, Michael Avenatti, obtained confidential banking records concerning a company controlled by President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen.

The inspector general’s counsel, Rich Delmar, told The Hill that the office is looking into allegations that federally mandated reports filed about Cohen’s banking transactions were “improperly disseminated.”

News of the Treasury investigation, which is focused on the release of Suspicious Activity Reports filed by banks that hosted accounts for Cohen, was first reported Wednesday by The Washington Post. 

Delmar told The Hill that the Treasury probe is based on a New York Times report from Tuesday that revealed that a shell company set up by Cohen received more than $1 million from an American company linked to a Russian oligarch and several corporations with business before the Trump administration.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/386931-treasury-watchdog-probing-how-stormy-daniels-lawyer-got-cohens-bank

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Treasury watchdog probing how Stormy Daniels lawyer got Cohen's bank records

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

My vote goes to Mueller and/or a member of his team because the records of another Michael Cohen were mixed in. Sounds like a bumbling government op- show me the man and I will find you the crime- Mueller's and Stalin's methodology.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline endicom

Whadaya know, government agencies doing their job. Between this and the DoJ IG, we may get some accountability out of our FedGov.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I agree, I want to know too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This is the most likely source......

Avenatti claims to have evidence that Cohen engaged in bank fraud and it will prove that Trump was aware that Cohen paid Daniels and other women hush money to cover up alleged affairs.

“There’s a significant level of cooperation between us and the Southern District of New York U.S. attorney’s office,” he added.

http://www.newsweek.com/michael-cohen-indicted-trump-stormy-daniels-895471
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:32:08 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the most likely source......

Avenatti claims to have evidence that Cohen engaged in bank fraud and it will prove that Trump was aware that Cohen paid Daniels and other women hush money to cover up alleged affairs.

“There’s a significant level of cooperation between us and the Southern District of New York U.S. attorney’s office,” he added.

http://www.newsweek.com/michael-cohen-indicted-trump-stormy-daniels-895471

Nice bit of collusion there.
The Republic is lost.