Author Topic: Chuck Schumer: US hostages are not 'bargaining chips' in North Korea talks  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chuck Schumer: US hostages are not 'bargaining chips' in North Korea talks
Washington Examiner, May 9, 2018, Katelyn Caralle

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., on Wednesday warned the Trump administration against going easy on North Korea in talks about its nuclear program just because that country released three U.S. detainees.

"We cannot forget: No regime has the right to hold American citizens in captivity without cause, and under no circumstances should American citizens be viewed as bargaining chips," Schumer said Wednesday on the Senate floor.

"If countries in the world think they can detain Americans and get something in return, we'll see many more hostages,” he said. He added that he was “rooting for” the success of U.S. talks with North Korea, but added that "the hostages shouldn't be part of it.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/chuck-schumer-us-hostages-are-not-bargaining-chips-in-north-korea-talks

I'm having a hard time understanding Schmuckie here. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm having a hard time understanding Schmuckie here.

Probably a good thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why?

You want to be able to understand Chuckie?  I don't.   :shrug:

You want to be able to understand Chuckie?  I don't.   :shrug:

LOL!   888high58888

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Well, Chuckie, they aren't bargaining chips because we have them back.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

Yes, but the question still remains:  what did we agree to pay for them? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
How long were they there, Chuck?

And in that time, what did You do to get them home?

But now that Trump told Kim who rules the roost You want people to think You're Tougher than him?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yes, but the question still remains:  what did we agree to pay for them?

Not sure we paid anything..they are saying it was a good faith gesture by NOK....we shall see if that is true..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline darroll

Poor Chucky....
He had nothing to do with any of the bargaining... 8888crybaby

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Not sure we paid anything..they are saying it was a good faith gesture by NOK....we shall see if that is true..

I'm betting it wasn't a Dime over what Bammy gave the Mullahs in Iran to sponsor global terrorism.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

Exactly right.   :beer:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What's sad is Obama was the first President to pay ransom for hostages
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What's sad is Obama was the first President to pay ransom for hostages

What's even worse is it was George Washington, not Obama.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

"We cannot forget: No regime has the right to hold American citizens in captivity without cause, and under no circumstances should American citizens be viewed as bargaining chips," Schumer said Wednesday on the Senate floor.

F U you sleazy piece of New York trash. I recall your impudent leader Obama sending Slick Willy and a briefcase full of cash over to NK to get a hostage released. Oh yeah Chuck.......go eff yourself. 

Oceander

Good faith from NK?  Sorry, that was a down payment on something else, not an altruistic gesture of goodwill. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Good faith from NK?  Sorry, that was a down payment on something else, not an altruistic gesture of goodwill.

I agree with you but I just report what is being said...somewhere down this road it's gonna cost us something.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree with you but I just report what is being said...somewhere down this road it's gonna cost us something.

I disagree. Since Rocket Man blew up the nuclear test mountain the China People have been very irritated with their deadbeat pals. I think Rocket Man was told to normalize relations or starve to death.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I disagree. Since Rocket Man blew up the nuclear test mountain the China People have been very irritated with their deadbeat pals. I think Rocket Man was told to normalize relations or starve to death.

That could be too. So far negotiations with other countries have cost the US a lot..but maybe rocketman is scared shitless of Trump..at least that is what my husband says which I don't totally agree with lol
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

That could be too. So far negotiations with other countries have cost the US a lot..but maybe rocketman is scared shitless of Trump..at least that is what my husband says which I don't totally agree with lol

Put your husband on the phone. I want to tell him he is dead right.

Offline corbe

I agree @Frank Cannon and Trump should share his self declared Nobel with LI* because without the Chinese Premier putting pressure on this runt this would not have progressed to this point, if it even still happens.

*Tillerson also
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree @Frank Cannon and Trump should share his self declared Nobel with LI* because without the Chinese Premier putting pressure on this runt this would not have progressed to this point, if it even still happens.

*Tillerson also

Tillerson? What does that sap sucker have to do with the price of tea in China?

Offline corbe

Tillerson? What does that sap sucker have to do with the price of tea in China?

He wasn't in China all those times (3 times?) negotiating the price of White House access.  JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This coming from a party that allowed Iran's outrageous taking of hostages from our own embassy for over a year as a bargaining chip.

Dems have zero credibility here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington