Author Topic: Trump’s ‘Rescission’ Package Would Save Unspent Tax Dollars  (Read 773 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump’s ‘Rescission’ Package Would Save Unspent Tax Dollars

Justin Bogie  / @JustinBogie / May 08, 2018 /  comments

President Donald Trump on Tuesday submitted a special message to Congress requesting that $15 billion in unspent funding be rescinded.

That’s a good first step toward re-establishing fiscal responsibility. Congress should embrace it and quickly adopt the president’s rescission package.

Still, the package does nothing to claw back the tens of billions of additional dollars in wasteful spending authorized by the 2018 Omnibus Appropriations Act. Nor is it the answer to the nation’s long-term debt problem.

Congress and the president should work together on additional rescission packages that target 2018 spending and pass a fiscal year 2019 budget that rolls back the latest budget deal and addresses the programs driving the national debt.....................

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/05/08/trumps-rescissions-package-is-a-good-first-step-to-rein-in-spending-but-its-only-a-baby-step/

Good start Mr. President but much more needs to be done to take this bloated out of control spending off the backs of our children and their future.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Seems like a swell time to do this. All these jackass congress losers are running around talking about fiscal responsibility as they run for reelection. Donny is forcing them to put their money where their mouths are.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Seems like a swell time to do this. All these jackass congress losers are running around talking about fiscal responsibility as they run for reelection. Donny is forcing them to put their money where their mouths are.

I would agree it is a good Donny move.  I don't think he should have caved in the first place and we wouldn't have to rescind any part of it.  Good for him though.  Good start.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

OUR money.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.