Author Topic: Flashback: Even Democrats Thought Obama's Iran Deal Was Total Garbage  (Read 373 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
May 8, 2018

Excerpt:

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY):

Admittedly, no one can tell with certainty which way Iran will go. It is true that Iran has a large number of people who want their government to decrease its isolation from the world and focus on economic advancement at home. But it is also true that this desire has been evident in Iran for thirty-five years, yet the Iranian leaders have held a tight and undiminished grip on Iran, successfully maintaining their brutal, theocratic dictatorship with little threat. Who’s to say this dictatorship will not prevail for another ten, twenty, or thirty years?

To me, the very real risk that Iran will not moderate and will, instead, use the agreement to pursue its nefarious goals is too great.

Therefore, I will vote to disapprove the agreement, not because I believe war is a viable or desirable option, nor to challenge the path of diplomacy. It is because I believe Iran will not change, and under this agreement it will be able to achieve its dual goals of eliminating sanctions while ultimately retaining its nuclear and non-nuclear power. Better to keep U.S. sanctions in place, strengthen them, enforce secondary sanctions on other nations, and pursue the hard-trodden path of diplomacy once more, difficult as it may be.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/05/08/flashback-even-democrats-thought-obamas-now-dead-iran-deal-was-total-garbage-n2478714

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yep!  There are even a few democrats who can recognize garbage as garbage.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Yep!  There are even a few democrats who can recognize garbage as garbage.

And recognize that they might just be nutty enough to launch nukes against Israel.