Author Topic: Trump announces withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal, isolating him further from world  (Read 5906 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Iran is now free to officially ally with Russia.

Ummm they already are allies officially.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Except for the worsened domestic racial problems, And his overseeing an educational system that went all in for accommodating freaks and fruits and failing all students: it is almost like Obama was never here!

Yeah - let's forget all about the massive debt, military draw down, and ACA that's still very much alive, despite the mandate repeal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GrouchoTex wrote:
"I don't know @Emjay, he was ripping this up one day one, remember?"

He ripped it up.
It's done.
And you're complaining?

NONE of the other Republican presidential candidates -- NOT ONE OF THEM, INCLUDING TED CRUZ -- would have done this. Even Mr. Cruz would have done something like "re-negotiate" it. But tear it up?  C'mon, don't b.s. me.

Only Mr. Trump had the raw nerve and chutzpah to do it.

This opens the way for an eventual military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.
Israel will lead, with our support.
Only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:16:12 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Suppressed

Here's the speech for those who may have missed it ...

Thanks for posting that, @Right_in_Virginia.  Good statement, well presented.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:18:27 pm by edpc »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Russians and probably the Chinese will ensure a stronger agreement never emerges.  Iran is now free to officially ally with Russia.

Russia would ally with stormy Daniels if she was a cuntry.  The kind with an "O"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
edpc wrote:
"Three years ago, Saudi Arabia was, like most of us, extremely unimpressed with the deal.  The talk was, they would purchase ready made nukes from Pakistan.  Right now, they're probably either being packed up in Islamabad for delivery or uncrated in Riyadh for potential deployment."

Regardless of quiet overtures being made between Israel and Saudi Arabia lately, the Israelis would NEVER permit this to happen.

They would strike wherever necessary and with whatever force was required to prevent it from happening.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Fishrrman said:

NONE of the other Republican presidential candidates -- NOT ONE OF THEM, INCLUDING TED CRUZ -- would have done this. Even Mr. Cruz would have done something like "re-negotiate" it. But tear it up?  C'mon, don't b.s. me.

But hey why let the facts get in the way of some good old fashioned propaganda right?

Speaking of facts from The Hill September 15, 2015:

Sen. Ted Cruz pledged on Wednesday that he would "rip to shreds" President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran, and questioned the credentials of those who disagreed.

"If I am elected president, on the very first day in office I will rip to shreds this catastrophic Iranian nuclear deal," the Texas Republican said during the second GOP presidential debate.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/253962-cruz-promises-to-rip-to-shreds-iran-deal

So remind me again who is Bullshit*tting whom here?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:22:43 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That and the fact China has huge investments in Iranian oil.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-08/what-s-next-who-gets-hit-when-the-u-s-resumes-iran-sanctions

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-iran-oil/chinas-iran-oil-imports-to-hit-record-on-new-production-sources-idUSKBN14P15W

Anyone that didn't already know that Iran was allies with the ChiComs and Russia hasn't been paying attention for the last 20 years or so.

Offline Applewood

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Haven't NK and Iran been partners in nuclear weapon and missile development for quite awhile now? I think they have. So Iran already has the bomb in all likelihood. The horse has left the barn and Obama gave them billions in cash. Not that we shouldn't leave "the deal" but it is far too late now to actually stop them.

By leaving the "deal" we can now deal with the actual problem.  I'm all for this. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Europe has invested heavily in Iran, before and particularly after the sanctions were lifted.  They will fight us hard on this.  Not sure they can do anything beyond what Merkel and Macron already tried to do.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Fishrrman

That's okay, Cruz and Trump along with Mark Levin, Glenn Beck I think, all rallied against the Iran deal:

That's why, the two campaigned together, it's a bit difficult to understand some of the animosity from one camp.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Fishrrman

That's okay, Cruz and Trump along with Mark Levin, Glenn Beck I think, all rallied against the Iran deal:

That's why, the two campaigned together, it's a bit difficult to understand some of the animosity from one camp.

Yes, I still don't understand the animosity from the Trump camp, both before and after.  :shrug:

Offline TomSea

At the same time, the Senators could have tried to get something passed through congress, as usual, we didn't see this done. It is something, that needed to be done in a deliberated way, not moving to fast or slow.

Offline edpc

Regardless of quiet overtures being made between Israel and Saudi Arabia lately, the Israelis would NEVER permit this to happen.

They would strike wherever necessary and with whatever force was required to prevent it from happening.

It'd be logistically difficult for Israel to fight Saudi Arabia and Iran at the same time.  If you believe what you say, they'd better start preparing quickly.  From this March:

"Saudi Arabia does not want to acquire any nuclear bomb, but without a doubt, if Iran developed a nuclear bomb, we will follow suit as soon as possible," Prince Mohammed told CBS television in an interview, parts of which were released Thursday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-gets-nuclear-bomb-saudi-arabia-crown-prince-155524909.html

Offline MOD3

Do not restart the Cruz/Trump wars in this thread.

Offline TomSea

Yes, I still don't understand the animosity from the Trump camp, both before and after.  :shrug:

Well, there sure aren't any Cruz detractors on this current page, but it doesn't take more than a second to look on this page and see some strong critics of the President.

Offline TomSea

I didn't vote for Trump especially because I wanted him to end this deal. We will see what happens.

Offline TomSea

Cotton Statement on the Iran Deal
May 8, 2018

Washington, D.C. - Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) today released the following statement on President Trump's decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal:

"The Iran nuclear deal, terribly flawed from the beginning, at best only delayed Iran from getting the bomb while handing over hundreds of billions in sanctions relief, money that Iran uses to support terrorism and build long-range missiles. Tough sanctions are a first step toward rolling back Iran's campaign of terror, but it won't be the last. If the ayatollahs rush toward the bomb, the United States must end the program once and for all. Finally, let me say in unmistakable language: it would be a grave miscalculation of historic magnitude by the ayatollahs if they choose to attack Israel."

###

Read more at: https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=937

Offline edpc

"Finally, let me say in unmistakable language: it would be a grave miscalculation of historic magnitude by the ayatollahs if they choose to attack Israel."

Cotton is on the Armed Services and Intelligence Committees.  He may be referring to information he has on recent news reports of Iranian forces in Syria possibly retaliating for Israeli air strikes in Syria.  The government of Israel is certainly preparing their forces and population.

The military instructed local governments on Tuesday to open bomb shelters to residents of the Golan Heights following the identification of “abnormal movements of Iranian forces in Syria.”

The army also said it raised preparedness of “troops for an attack” and deployed air defenses in the north of the country.

Iran, according to intelligence, is thought to be determined to carry out an attack on Israel, and to be in the advanced planning stages, and may soon execute the strike that it had vowed to carry out in retaliation for an alleged Israel Air Force strike two months ago on the Assad regime’s T-4 airbase near Homs that is used by the Islamic Republic’s Revolutionary Guards Corps.

http://m.jpost.com/Middle-East/IDf-orders-bomb-shelters-opened-due-to-Iranian-troop-movement-in-Syria-554838
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:56:41 pm by edpc »

Offline GrouchoTex

GrouchoTex wrote:
"I don't know @Emjay, he was ripping this up one day one, remember?"

He ripped it up.
It's done.
And you're complaining?

Only Mr. Trump had the raw nerve and chutzpah to do it.

This opens the way for an eventual military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.
Israel will lead, with our support.
Only a matter of time.

No, I am not complaining, I am joking, hence the LOL in the comment.
But since we are on the subject.....

I didn't mention Mr. Cruz.
Nor did the people I was responding to.

I'm glad to see he lives in you head rent free,
It's understandable.
It's seems to be a low-rent district.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:03:50 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline TomSea

Senator Marco Rubio: President Trump should nix the Iran nuclear deal
Marco Rubio
By Sen. Marco Rubio | Fox News

President Donald Trump will decide Tuesday whether or not to quit the Iran nuclear deal.  He should not hesitate to nix this flawed and dangerous agreement that is beyond fixing.

The Iran deal is bad—so bad that bipartisan majorities in both chambers of Congress voted against it due to its many fatal flaws.

The deal’s first major flaw is that it enriched Iran and empowered it to destabilize the Middle East.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/05/07/senator-marco-rubio-president-trump-should-nix-iran-nuclear-deal.html

Offline TomSea

We'll get back on track, Bolton came out and answered that no, this does not mean troops on the ground; but that it could mean war, eventually,  is something to think about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm trapped in a room with CNN on the TV and they are having a meltdown over this.

I find their tears delicious, but I feel for you having to enjoy it non-stop.  I prefer my schadenfreude in small doses.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: