Author Topic: Trump announces withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal, isolating him further from world  (Read 5909 times)

Offline endicom

I don't see this as isolating us from the rest of the world. If the US won't take serious matters seriously then why would anyone else?

Online corbe

After 4PM CST (when my Meds wear off) I'll go back to being nonchalant about the Guy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'd think Mossad and our intelligence must have a good idea on what Iran has and has not.

Offline Applewood

It is a good move on Trump's part.    The agreement was a piece of [expletive] from the beginning and it's almost certain that Iran violated it even before the ink was dry.  And now another part of the Obama legacy of selling out the US in favor of its enemies is over. 

Offline goodwithagun

Thumbs up, Mr. President.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'd think Mossad and our intelligence must have a good idea on what Iran has and has not.

Our intelligence agencies told the President the Iranians weren't cheating.

Hence the reason the President referenced Israeli intel as justification for backing out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm trapped in a room with CNN on the TV and they are having a meltdown over this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Our intelligence agencies told the President the Iranians weren't cheating.

Hence the reason the President referenced Israeli intel as justification for backing out.

@txradioguy
yeah and we all know the alphabet agencies FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA would not lie to Trump.  Right?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

I don't see this as isolating us from the rest of the world. If the US won't take serious matters seriously then why would anyone else?

Correct.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
yeah and we all know the alphabet agencies FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA would not lie to Trump.  Right?

@driftdiver

They are so politicized I think if I was the President right now and the DNI told me the sun was shining I'd have to go look out the window for confirmation.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

"Our intelligence" has disappointed many times in recent and in distant history. Mossad however operates on a somewhat different mindset:

--Israel cannot afford even one mistake. Location, size/scope of enemies.

--US is protected by distance, oceans, our own overwhelming military capabilities.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm trapped in a room with CNN on the TV and they are having a meltdown over this.

Well, if they were being honest, they'd say this was inevitable.  If it's going to get confrontational, I'd rather have it done now, with some of the people we know, than in a decade with parties unknown.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@txradioguy

Well, if the CIA lies to him with his handpicked people like Pompeo and Haspel at the helm, whose fault is that?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

"Our intelligence" has disappointed many times in recent and in distant history. Mossad however operates on a somewhat different mindset:

--Israel cannot afford even one mistake. Location, size/scope of enemies.

--US is protected by distance, oceans, our own overwhelming military capabilities.

I think the primary purpose of classifying information these days is to keep Americans from knowing about it.   They obviously don't care if anyone else knows.

Silver Pines

Excellent. He gave a very good speech, too.  Now it's time to watch Europe's hysterical meltdown.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Just a reminder: we had the Israeli info more than a year ago.  It was not new news.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Well, if they were being honest, they'd say this was inevitable.  If it's going to get confrontational, I'd rather have it done now, with some of the people we know, than in a decade with parties unknown.

They aren't being honest.  They hare hand wringing and crying about how Trump has put the U.S. at risk by withdrawing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:24:48 pm by txradioguy »

Silver Pines

Offline driftdiver

Most of Europe doesn't see Iran as a threat.  After all they are letting in young male muslim in mass.

The leaders in Europe don't care if the peasants get run over or blown up.   The elite have their security and will be fine.  What the elite do need is more money, and Iran has that and is spreading it around.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Most of Europe doesn't see Iran as a threat.  After all they are letting in young male muslim in mass.

The leaders in Europe don't care if the peasants get run over or blown up.   The elite have their security and will be fine.  What the elite do need is more money, and Iran has that and is spreading it around.

I'm not sure if it's that they don't care...IMHO it's more they are terrified of doing anything out of fear of terrorist attacks across the country on a daily basis from all the Daesh operatives that have infiltrated their countries.

They're paralyzed by fear.

Online corbe

Judah Ari Gross
 âœ”  @JudahAriGross 

#BREAKING Syria’s official SANA news outlet says the country’s air defenses intercepted two Israeli missiles over the el-Kiswah area, south of Damascus, after large explosions are reported in the area, which is allegedly home to an Iranian army base.

3:09 PM - May 8, 2018
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The Russians and probably the Chinese will ensure a stronger agreement never emerges.  Iran is now free to officially ally with Russia.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online corbe

Ain't wastin time no more.

Reuters Top News
 âœ”  @Reuters 

DEVELOPING: Israel declares high alert over 'irregular activity of Iranian forces in Syria'; instructs authorities to 'unlock and ready' bomb shelters in Israeli-held Golan Heights https://reut.rs/2KIZS4u  pic.twitter.com/jm2qLkog6L

2:09 PM - May 8, 2018

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Except for the worsened domestic racial problems, And his overseeing an educational system that went all in for accommodating freaks and fruits and failing all students: it is almost like Obama was never here!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:44:06 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jpsb

He had to. There's no way he could go credibly into talks with the Norks without taking a hardline on Iran.

Completely agree, nice insight.