Author Topic: Trump aides reportedly hired an Israeli intelligence agency to dig up dirt on Obama's Iran deal team  (Read 507 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
"Aides to President Donald Trump reportedly hired a private Israeli intelligence agency to dig up dirt on Obama's negotiators of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.

The presidential team contacted the firm days after Trump visited Israel during his first trip as President in order to "discredit those who were pivotal" in the deal.

The wives of two members of Obama's administration were contacted by dubious foreign investors, as was a prominent Iranian-American writer.

The firm aides contacted was reportedly Black Cube, the same organization Harvey Weinstein used to discredit his accusers."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-team-hired-israeli-intelligence-to-spy-on-obama-iran-deal-black-cube-2018-5

This is a really weird story. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Hoodat

In other words, Trump can't trust his own intelligence agency just as he can't trust his own Justice Dept.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sounds like typical intelligence gathering.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Seems like if it were really Israeli intelligence, they wouldn't know it was Israeli intelligence.

Online andy58-in-nh

This is an unsourced and unsubstantiated story from the far-left British Observer, based on documents they claim to have seen but about which they provide no evidence. But if I had to guess who dropped this little piece of agit-prop.... Media Matters and their little dirt development lab, which always seems eager to take and run with whatever the Russians give them... 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@andy58-in-nh and everyone else. This story is actually being reported in the major Israeli papers as well as American and European ones.  This is the firm that Harvey Weinstein also hired.  These people targeted the two diplomats' wives.  Not really quite so usual.  Definitely sleazy.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.