Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13626 times)

Offline libertybele

This is in addition to his comments that he wanted to grant amnesty to DACA recipients.  Of course the issue got tossed to the courts and they made the final decision leaving neither Trump or either party responsible.  This bombshell is in addition to DACA.  He wants to pave the way for immigrants to increase our labor force. Where have we seen this scenario?  Why, Germany of course!  The crime in Germany has soared since they've allowed mass migration into their country ... Merkle needed to increase the labor force too!

Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it

It came at a roundtable on tax reform held in Cleveland. Here’s what the president said, after making a no-longer-true comment that the stock market being up 35% since his election in 2016. (The S&P 500 SPX, +0.35% is up about 25% since the election, with this year’s turmoil accounted for.)

“And we do need people coming into our country,” Trump said. “You know, at 3.9% unemployment, we need people coming in. But I will tell you this, we want people to come into our country on the basis of merit.”

Reporters’ jaws didn’t exactly drop at the remark. You won’t find it in the accounts of the speech by the Associated Press, CBS News or the New York Times.

That could be because Trump has long supported a merit-based immigration system, and derided the U.S. lottery system. That’s not new.

And technically, even the harsh legal-immigration bill he supported, called the Raise Act, would allow for more legal immigrants to come into the country. But it would cut their numbers in half.

Still, the emphasis — from Trump — that the U.S. will need to expand its workforce by importing labor, is new. .........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-drops-a-bombshell-on-immigration-and-no-one-bothers-to-report-it-2018-05-07
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ok, so what's the "bombshell"?  Trump is still a NY Republican?

Offline skeeter

If he can change the standards for entry so that only those with useable and needed skills are allowed entry I will be satisfied.

NO eligibility for social services for ten years and NO chain migration.

Just fantasizing, I know.

Offline Suppressed

@Sanguine

I think this line answers:

Still, the emphasis — from Trump — that the U.S. will need to expand its workforce by importing labor, is new.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What needed skills are chain migration beneficiaries Viktor and Amalija Knavs bringing with them?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I think this line answers:

He's said that before.   :shrug:  Maybe he didn't emphasize it. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You can bet your sweet Bippy that each and every resident alien will be properly documented.

{{{fingers crossed}}}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Wondering about the bombshell myself as I'm sure I read this a week or so ago.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

That's a lie there aren't Republicans in New York just Liberal light.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Still, the emphasis — from Trump — that the U.S. will need to expand its workforce by importing labor, is new. .........

Trump has always done that.  He always imports labor for his own businesses.  He also hires illegals.  He says he doesn't but the contract labor that build his buildings are at least a large part illegal.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:47:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

That's a lie there aren't Republicans in New York just Liberal light.

Increase that to anything east of Michigan and north of the Mason Dixon Line...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is in addition to his comments that he wanted to grant amnesty to DACA recipients.  Of course the issue got tossed to the courts and they made the final decision leaving neither Trump or either party responsible.  This bombshell is in addition to DACA.  He wants to pave the way for immigrants to increase our labor force. Where have we seen this scenario?  Why, Germany of course!  The crime in Germany has soared since they've allowed mass migration into their country ... Merkle needed to increase the labor force too!
I note no amnesty was granted to DACA recipients, that was a deal that the Democrats rejected and Trump might have known that, your way is to do nothing at all.

This is in addition to the do-nothings wishing for 1,000,000 new immigrants potential democrats to come in per chain migration every year, this is in addition to do-nothing's lack of understanding that if an economy grows, it will need more workers. There was a big influx of migrants to the US at different times in the US, to compare us to Germany and the Syrians going there is just reaching at straws again, being a naysayer.

With the great potentiality that the blue areas become Democratic strongholds, save for the President working on bringing more minorities into the party which the do-nothings may well have happen:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:20:47 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Increase that to anything east of Michigan and north of the Mason Dixon Line...

Yeah, and those states South of the Mason Dixon line. are scheduled, almost all of them, to become Minority-Majority in the next 30 years,  they shore might turn blue on those facts alone as well. So, enjoy it.

It's easier to list the states it won't happen to, not South Carolina and not Alabama.
https://www.facingsouth.org/2015/03/when-will-southern-states-become-majority-minority.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:46:18 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Still, the emphasis — from Trump — that the U.S. will need to expand its workforce by importing labor, is new.

Replacement rate, does one want a good powerful economy? And it states the rate of legal immigration is slashed by half.  That means we would get the best and brightest and such might exist in this world. Bombshell my sweet bippy.

Trump's way brings in more minorities into the Republican party, the not my circus arrogant people will just see this country turn blue without a battle.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:13:13 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

https://www.facingsouth.org/2015/03/when-will-southern-states-become-majority-minority.html
When will Southern states become majority-minority?
By Allie Yee March 6, 2015

Seven Southern states and their voting-eligible populations are expected to become majority-minority over the next 45 years. They include political battlegrounds like Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Virginia where political observers have been speculating whether minority voters will make the difference in close races. But Southern states like Louisiana and Mississippi that get less attention but have large minority populations also make the list.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:10:01 am by TomSea »

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, and those states South of the Mason Dixon line. are scheduled, almost all of them, to become Minority-Majority in the next 30 years,  they shore might turn blue on those facts alone as well. So, enjoy it.

That doesn't make a Yankee Liberal Republican one damn bit better.

Offline TomSea

A lot of Dixie is slated to go minority-majority by 2050,  those finding needles in haystacks, we can thank for that.  Those wishing us to have continued chain migration at 1,000,000 a year and doing nothing about it, sure might be helping this.

Offline roamer_1

That still doesn't make a Yankee Liberal Republican one damn bit better.

Offline TomSea

Ted Cruz might not even win this election, thank the do-nothing crowd about immigration for that, more chain migration, more legal residency given out. The article above says immigration would be slashed by half, oh, forget that.

"And technically, even the harsh legal-immigration bill he supported, called the Raise Act, would allow for more legal immigrants to come into the country. But it would cut their numbers in half."

Cut legal immigration by half. Oh, but the Constitution party clowns, the Never Trumpers, not my circus, not my problem. They are the ones helping turn this country blue.

Offline roamer_1

That still doesn't make a Yankee Liberal Republican one damn bit better.

Offline TomSea

Immorally and against Christian faith, the South had slavery and then, another one hundred years of denying people the right to vote, but it's a comin' boys and girls, and be happy with the slop you treat others, you aren't helping the cause and one could say, you deserve it, the whole region potentially can flip Democratic. Trump is and he may well, get a lot of the minority population into the big tent. I'm glad to be a part of the effort to keep America, despite your derisive remarks.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

That Trump understands economics?

If we want to sustain economic growth, we will need immigration.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

Let's see, Trump's program, in the words of the author slashes current legal immigration by half and the OP here, is claiming this is like Merkel? This really seems like libel and attempting to spread misinformation. One wonders if some who claim to be conservatives really are? Then, brings up the DACA deal, the Democrats rejected to as well. Now, this is one of those who makes Cruz their idol supposedly at least. He says he supports Trump in 2016 and 2020. No comment.

From the article:
And technically, even the harsh legal-immigration bill he supported, called the Raise Act, would allow for more legal immigrants to come into the country. But it would cut their numbers in half.

The arguments seem dishonest, up and down, down and up. The OP's point of view also supports nothing, NADA, being done about chain migration that brings in nearly 1,000,000 new immigrants a year.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
This will be argued as a reason for more H1B visas.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That Trump understands economics?

If we want to sustain economic growth, we will need immigration.

You just made my point.