Author Topic: The FBI Shouldn’t Be Above the Law, Either  (Read 842 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The FBI Shouldn’t Be Above the Law, Either
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:14:50 am »
Efforts to insulate the Justice Department from congressional accountability are just another kind of corruption
By David Harsanyi
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/russia-investigation-congressional-oversight-fbi-not-above-law/

These days, a number of people seem to be under the impression that investigating President Donald Trump is the most vital project undertaken by this nation since its founding. Perhaps. But their feelings shouldn’t override the Constitution, because for all the principles allegedly being whittled away by this administration, its antagonists seem to be doing everything they can to keep pace.

For instance, while it might come as a surprise to many, the Justice Department is not an “independent” entity. Presumably, those who work for the DOJ have fealty to law and justice first, yes. But they are ultimately subordinates of the president of the United States, who was elected legally and has powers identical to those of former presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

In other words, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein doesn’t work for CNN personalities or Vox-explainer writers. He works for Trump.

And while it might also come as a surprise to some people, Congress — a separate, co-equal branch of government run, for the moment, by Republicans — is tasked with oversight of the executive branch, which includes the Justice Department. Now, you may deem Congress scandalously incompetent or hopelessly partisan, but it’s within the purview of a congressional committee to ask the FBI for documents pertaining to an ongoing investigation. Congress isn’t breaking the law or “extorting” anyone by asking for more transparency, as Rosenstein recently asserted . . .

. . . [M]aybe [Robert] Mueller will uncover criminality. Maybe Trump will abuse his office in an effort to bury the investigation. If the House believes so, it can impeach the president. If the Senate believes so, it can remove him. If the Republicans believe it, they can nominate someone else. If the American people agree, they can elect another president. This is all proper. But changing how government works by effectively stripping embedded constitutional oversights for political reasons is just another kind of corruption.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The FBI Shouldn’t Be Above the Law, Either
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:18:05 am »
LOL. The FBI has been a rogue agency since its inception.

"Dick. I got files on everybody and their dog."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 12:20:08 am »
At the bottom of all of this crap is the simple refusal of the DC establishment to accept the results of a constitutionally legal presidential election.

And it should worry all of us.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 12:25:38 am »
At the bottom of all of this crap is the simple refusal of the DC establishment to accept the results of a constitutionally legal presidential election.

It makes you wonder what other things the Deep State decided to put their finger on the scale for. Other Presidential elections? Wars?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 12:36:51 am »
LOL. The FBI has been a rogue agency since its inception.

"Dick. I got files on everybody and their dog."
The FBI's arrogance even extended to a radio show once upon a time: When The Green Hornet hit the airwaves, J. Edgar Hoover wasn't exactly happy with the show's introduction, which said, "He hunts the biggest of all game---public enemies that even the G-men cannot reach." Hoover was so offended by the implication that there just might be criminals even his FBI couldn't reach that he strong-armed the show's producer and host station (WJW in Detroit) to change it to read, "He hunts the biggest of all game---public enemies who try to destroy our America."

And that over a fictional radio series.

Personally, I'm grateful that J. Edgar Hoover was no relation to the man who bought his cousin's patent for a certain crude suction sweeper because he had the facilities to mass produce it---the Hoover vacuum cleaner.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:55:42 am »

I posted a great column by Daniel Greenfield about how the Democrats have decided to simply reject any Republican victories, and dig in against anybody who wins.  He was mainly talking abut Presidents, but it's true for any Republicans who don't follow the Uniparty line.  It is indeed worrisome, but with the Press acting as an arm of that, I really don't know what to do about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »
I posted a great column by Daniel Greenfield about how the Democrats have decided to simply reject any Republican victories, and dig in against anybody who wins.  He was mainly talking abut Presidents, but it's true for any Republicans who don't follow the Uniparty line.  It is indeed worrisome, but with the Press acting as an arm of that, I really don't know what to do about it.
not just Democrats do this.  Lots of Republicans too from McCain to Kasich.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 08:27:58 pm »
not just Democrats do this.  Lots of Republicans too from McCain to Kasich.

Which is why I wrote "Uniparty."  Mitch is a perfect example, with his boasting of destroying the Tea Party and "conservatives" in general.  McCain is just...McCain.  History will not record either of those two very favorably.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 02:57:26 am »
Cyber wrote:
"It is indeed worrisome, but with the Press acting as an arm of that, I really don't know what to do about it."

Keep your guns in good working order.
Keep your lamps trimmed 'n' burnin' ...

One more thing:
Read Kurt Schlichter's books "Indian Country" and "People's Republic".
Look at a state like California as it is today... then...
...wonder if such things could actually happen.