Author Topic: Judge Ellis Wants to See Mueller's Hunting License - Clarice Feldman  (Read 495 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
May 6, 2018
Judge Ellis Wants to See Mueller's Hunting License
By Clarice Feldman

My friend Tom Lipscomb, commenting on the newsworthy but welcome judicial challenge to the scope of the special counsel's power in the Manafort case in Virginia, says it reminds him of the Tom Lehrer song about a man and his hunting license.  In relevant parts, the lyrics are:

I always will remember 'twas a year ago November,
    I went out to hunt some deer,
    On a morning, bright and clear.
    I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow,
    Two game wardens, seven hunters and a cow. ...
    The law was very firm – it took away my permit,
    The worst punishment I ever endured.
    It turned out there was a reason, cows were out of season,
    And one of the hunters – wasn't insured.

1. Judge Ellis: "I'll be the judge"

The best account of the hearing before Judge Ellis I've found is in Reuters.

(Excerpted by Mod, as specified in our excerpting policy.  We've been personally notified by Ms. Feldman that our excerpts of her work are not to exceed three sentences.)

continued at:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/judge_ellis_wants_to_see_muellers_hunting_license.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:27:16 pm by Mod2 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

from the article:

As noted, Judge Ellis remarked upon Rod Rosenstein's conflict of interest in the investigation into whether Comey's firing amounted to obstruction of justice – a matter legally absurd enough on its face but made more so by the fact that Rosenstein himself (supposedly overseeing Mueller's work) was the very author of the memorandum to the president calling for Comey's firing.

But there's more.

At American Greatness, Julie Kelly indicates a ruling in which Mueller misrepresented to the court a significant matter that might well lead to his dismissal under the very law of his appointment.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

Clarice shepherds the lambs.

You beg grief in not abiding by fair use.

Offline Suppressed

I do find it amusing to note how much of others' work she pastes into her column...yet restricts others.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

I do find it amusing to note how much of others' work she pastes into her column...yet restricts others.

That's exactly why I included as much as I did.

All context would be lost.