Author Topic: American Conservatives Have A Raging Hypocrisy Problem  (Read 275 times)

Offline Suppressed

American Conservatives Have A Raging Hypocrisy Problem
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:53:56 pm »
American Conservatives Have A Raging Hypocrisy Problem
Posted at 10:00 am on May 4, 2018 by Kimberly Ross
https://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2018/05/04/american-conservatives-raging-hypocrisy/

A supporter holds up a sign for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump during a campaign rally in Boca Raton, Fla., Sunday, March 13, 2016. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Despite all we’ve seen in the past two years, too many on the Right still fail to apply the same standards to their side that they do to their opponents.

This is unsurprising, but it should never be tolerated.

I’m of the mindset that we should clean our own political house first and foremost. Addressing that which is closest to you, and seeking to improve it, is of the utmost importance. But apparently, this is wildly unpopular.

According to a fair number of conservatives, “owning the liberals!” is the highest calling. It does not matter who represents our side or what the tone and messaging happen to be at present. As long as those on the Left remain speechless, exasperated, and our intellectual inferiors, our job is done.

Can we really say that we’ve bested our political rivals if we gloss over behavior that we would never tolerate from someone in the Democratic party? Can we truly say that we stand on the moral high ground when we change the landscape to fit the person instead of recognizing who they are, admonishing their faults, and expecting a contrite attitude?

No, we cannot.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn