Author Topic: John McCain Battles Donald Trump With His Dying Breaths..By Frank Bruni  (Read 500 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain Battles Donald Trump With His Dying Breaths

By Frank Bruni

Opinion Columnist
May 5, 2018

Senator Lindsey Graham once described his friend John McCain as someone who would “run across the street to get in a good fight.”

McCain’s final battle came straight to him.

I’m not talking about the one against brain cancer, which has kept the 81-year-old senator at home in Arizona for months and prompted many friends, including Joe Biden, to travel there recently to see him, possibly for the last time. I’m talking about the one against Donald Trump.

McCain has waged it in public remarks since Trump’s election, including a speech in Philadelphia last October, when he pushed back against the “half-baked, spurious nationalism” that was gripping too many Americans and lamented the abdication of America’s moral leadership in the world.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/opinion/sunday/john-mccain-trump.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I think what the writer is trying to say is with his last breath McCain spits at Trump.

Or, from the heart of hell he stabs at Trump. If you will.

At any rate, to the last McCain grapples with Trump.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:00:17 am by skeeter »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeesh McQueeg, Star Trek Wrath of Khan was just a movie, not a manual.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Dear Senator McCain,

Donald Trump was able to get elected POTUS.

You didn't.

HAND.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.