Author Topic: Our Addiction to Trump... Nicholas Kristof  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our Addiction to Trump... Nicholas Kristof
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:50:09 am »
Our Addiction to Trump

By Nicholas Kristof

Opinion Columnist
May 5, 2018

We in the commentariat complain about President Trump, but we’re locked in a symbiotic relationship with him.

News organizations, especially cable television channels, feed off Trump — like oxpeckers on a rhino’s back — for he is part of our business model in 2018. As long as our focus is on Trump, audiences follow.

It’s not optimal to have as president an authoritarian who denounces journalists as enemies of the people, but he has given us a sense of mission and a “Trump bump.” Every time he denounces us we get more subscriptions.

(If you’re reading this, President Trump, I’d appreciate a good thunderous, excoriation. You’ve gone after Maggie Haberman, Don Lemon and Chuck Todd, but you’ve publicly denounced me only once — and so incoherently that I couldn’t print out a quote to impress my kids. Next time you’re on Twitter, how about firing off something concise like: “Crackpot Krisitofff is the WORST lying reporter at the FAILING NYTimes EVER!!!”)

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/opinion/sunday/trump-obsession.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion-columnists
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34