Author Topic: RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
According to new Morning Consult polls, Democrats are in serious trouble in Senate races across the country. Republicans have serious leads in West Virginia, where incumbent Democrat Joe Manchin trails by 14 points; North Dakota, where incumbent Democrat Heidi Heitkamp trails by 8; Indiana, where incumbent Democrat Joe Donnelly trails by 5; Missouri, where incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill trails by 5; Montana, where incumbent Democrat Jon Tester trails by 5; Florida, where incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson is locked in a near-deadlock with Rick Scott; and Pennsylvania and Ohio, where incumbent Democrats Bill Casey and Sherrod Brown are leading by less than two points each, plus Virginia, where Tim Kaine leads by just 3 on the generic ballot. In the best-case scenario for Republicans, then, they could win up to nine additional Senate seats.

Read more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/30223/red-wave-poll-shows-republicans-could-pick-9-ben-shapiro
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

Re: RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »
According to new Morning Consult polls, Democrats are in serious trouble in Senate races across the country. Republicans have serious leads in West Virginia, where incumbent Democrat Joe Manchin trails by 14 points; North Dakota, where incumbent Democrat Heidi Heitkamp trails by 8; Indiana, where incumbent Democrat Joe Donnelly trails by 5; Missouri, where incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill trails by 5; Montana, where incumbent Democrat Jon Tester trails by 5; Florida, where incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson is locked in a near-deadlock with Rick Scott; and Pennsylvania and Ohio, where incumbent Democrats Bill Casey and Sherrod Brown are leading by less than two points each, plus Virginia, where Tim Kaine leads by just 3 on the generic ballot. In the best-case scenario for Republicans, then, they could win up to nine additional Senate seats.

Read more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/30223/red-wave-poll-shows-republicans-could-pick-9-ben-shapiro

"Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats"

Mitch McConnell explains that will leave them one vote shy of passing any legislation.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:25:26 pm »
Mitch McConnell explains that will leave them one vote shy of passing any legislation.

Ain't that the truth. With Mitch, 75 seats wouldn't be enough to pass legislation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 02:29:08 pm »
That lead could very well evaporate IF the Senate continues to block Trump's agenda. Build the Wall!
Secure our borders. Stop the invasion.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 02:43:43 pm »
That lead could very well evaporate IF the Senate continues to block Trump's agenda. Build the Wall!
Secure our borders. Stop the invasion.

The “Senate” is not blocking it...5-7 lily livered Republicans of the Snowe, Murkowski, Flake, McCain ilk are blocking it. These 5-7 Never Trumpers have the power to thwart everything from Obamacare repeal to the Border Wall. It’s unjust, and politically stupid, to blame the other 43-45 GOP Senators who ARE voting for these essential items. It’s a bit of microcosm for what is going on nationally in the GOP.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 02:44:46 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 02:47:00 pm »
I'd love to see Bill Casey and Sherrod Brown gone, but I don't think it will happen.  Thoughts, @Frank Cannon ?
@Applewood?
@Jazzhead
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 03:58:35 pm »
Ain't that the truth. With Mitch, 75 seats wouldn't be enough to pass legislation.

100 votes wouldn't be enough for mitch unless of course it was a leftist agenda item
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 04:21:14 pm »
I'd love to see Bill Casey and Sherrod Brown gone, but I don't think it will happen.  Thoughts, @Frank Cannon ?
@Applewood?
@Jazzhead

I'd like to see Menendez gone. Alas, I have a better chance of winning the powerball
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »
The Democrats made huge gains in 2006 and in 2012. They have very few opportunities left to take GOP seats because of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 04:44:53 pm »
And I don't know about anywhere else, but in all of our races (Senate, several House seats, governor and state legislature offices ), nearly all of the Republicans are advertising themselves as "conservative."  Beware, people.  Most of them are not.

But a good part of the states mentioned are deep red or at least rural... That is a good thing. Might pick up another couple conservatives...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »
I'd like to see Menendez gone. Alas, I have a better chance of winning the powerball

:silly:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 05:03:13 pm »
But a good part of the states mentioned are deep red or at least rural... That is a good thing. Might pick up another couple conservatives...

Some of the congressional districts in my end of the state are rural.  That is true.  And yes, they tend to vote Republican.  But what I'm saying is that you can't be fooled by the campaign ads.  These rural people will vote for the Republican thinking he is conservative but then they will find out they, for all intents and purposes, voted for a Democrat in disguise.

So many people believe all Republicans are conservative.  Not necessarily.  Look at all those Republicans in DC who voted for the recent spending spree bill.  Conservatives, my eye.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 05:05:31 pm »
@Applewood?
@Jazzhead

Boob Casey will win reelection forever just because he doesn't make any waves. You wouldn't even know he is a real live person in this state because he keeps such a low profile. There is a glimmer of hope he might get knocked out this election because the GOP finally got serious and is running a candidate that is known and popular in the "T". That would be Lou Barletta. Lou also is very good with people when he stumps, something other candidates were terrible at. I don't have a lot of hope, but I have some.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 05:10:12 pm »
These rural people will vote for the Republican thinking he is conservative but then they will find out they, for all intents and purposes, voted for a Democrat in disguise.

Less and less likely, at least around here... But true. Gotta preach the fundamentals, and more than anything else, voting according to the their records rather than their promises.

That such a thing must be said is an astonishment to me. It was typical of Conservatives in my day.

So many people believe all Republicans are conservative.  Not necessarily.  Look at all those Republicans in DC who voted for the recent spending spree bill.  Conservatives, my eye.

'Not necessarily'? Not even likely. More likely, not even remotely.
It's well past time to throw the bastards out.
 I hope every dang one of em gets primaried for the next decade.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 05:11:58 pm »
Glad the Republicans in Washington gave priority to the Military, sometimes, there has to be some give and take.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 05:22:52 pm »
:silly:

I'm supposed to go canvassing Hugin next Saturday. I'm so not looking forward to it. Like he's going to have a chance....I like Goldberg but his chances are nil.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 05:23:25 pm »
Glad the Republicans in Washington gave priority to the Military, sometimes, there has to be some give and take.

Except that these days, the Republicans do a helluva lot of giving.  The two parties no longer compromise.  One party demands and the other caves. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 05:30:59 pm »
I'm supposed to go canvassing Hugin next Saturday. I'm so not looking forward to it. Like he's going to have a chance....I like Goldberg but his chances are nil.

That's very admirable. We have an organization here,  that takes volunteers for canvassing. It's not easy to do. I do think, canvassing undoubtedly, has had very effective results though.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 05:36:15 pm »
That's very admirable. We have an organization here,  that takes volunteers for canvassing. It's not easy to do. I do think, canvassing undoubtedly, has had very effective results though.

Yes and it's good exercise! 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:38:06 pm by Freya »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 05:46:23 pm »
Where's Romney on this list of Democrats we need defeated?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 05:49:07 pm »
Something like 139 counties in the US have half of the population, that's more of a stat for the Presidential race but still is telling.

Offline darroll

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 05:50:07 pm »
Good news... But..
There is allot of counterfeit Republicans with a wrench to throw into the mechanism.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »
Hi @darroll

0005a

I hope you will like it here

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 06:13:36 pm »
The “Senate” is not blocking it...5-7 lily livered Republicans of the Snowe, Murkowski, Flake, McCain ilk are blocking it. These 5-7 Never Trumpers have the power to thwart everything from Obamacare repeal to the Border Wall. It’s unjust, and politically stupid, to blame the other 43-45 GOP Senators who ARE voting for these essential items. It’s a bit of microcosm for what is going on nationally in the GOP.

Excellent explanation.  I hereby declare myself guilty of the sin of blaming the "Senate" when, as you point out, it is 5-7 sinners who are doing the damage.  When can we get rid of them.

Well, God will take care of McCain and I need to look up when the rest of the motley crew are up for election.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 06:18:04 pm »
Mostly, it's a matter of the party -- including Trump -- forgetting about all of the promises they made and not even bothering to make even a token effort to keep those promises. 

I can't vote in the prmary -- I'm an independent now -- but I am seriously considering  breaking my pomise to Dad and stayimg home in November.  As Hillary might say, what difference does it make?  Both parties are screwing us, so who cares which one i in power? 

Get back to me when a really good independent or third party candidate runs -- after the Republican Party is flushed down the toilet.

@Applewood   How can you get on a post like this which gives an optimistic view of the distinct possibility of getting more Republican senators and still be such a downer.

You lost any power to make a difference when you renounced the only viable alternative to democrats.  I refuse to wake you.  We are better off when you're asleep as you're contributing nothing but gloom.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.