Author Topic: 6 In 10 Able-Bodied Food Stamp Recipients Do Not Work At All. That Has To Change  (Read 963 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
President Trump has quietly fired the starting gun for a race toward another round of welfare reform by signing Executive Order 13828, which directs his agencies to take a deep dive toward reforming and streamlining welfare programs. The key goals: move more able-bodied adults from welfare to work, crack down on welfare fraud, and preserve resources for the truly needy.

It is a far reaching order and much needed. But the executive order is just one vehicle for reform.

The House Committee on Agriculture released its 2018 Farm Bill in April, which deals with one of America’s largest welfare programs: food stamps. America is on the precipice of another moment, a new wave of welfare reform — reform that is long overdue and, like those adopted in the 1990s, driven by state success stories.

Read more at: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/03/6-10-able-bodied-food-stamp-recipients-not-work-change/
The Republic is lost.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
THIS TOPIC DESERVES MORE VIEWS
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
President Trump has quietly fired the starting gun for a race toward another round of welfare reform by signing Executive Order 13828, which directs his agencies to take a deep dive toward reforming and streamlining welfare programs. The key goals: move more able-bodied adults from welfare to work, crack down on welfare fraud, and preserve resources for the truly needy.

It is a far reaching order and much needed. But the executive order is just one vehicle for reform.

The House Committee on Agriculture released its 2018 Farm Bill in April, which deals with one of America’s largest welfare programs: food stamps. America is on the precipice of another moment, a new wave of welfare reform — reform that is long overdue and, like those adopted in the 1990s, driven by state success stories.

Read more at: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/03/6-10-able-bodied-food-stamp-recipients-not-work-change/

I still haven't found out how many of the 6/10 are parents of young children.  Any idea?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
6 In 10 Able-Bodied Food Stamp Recipients Do Not Work At All. That Has To Change

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I still haven't found out how many of the 6/10 are parents of young children.  Any idea?

But that's the problem - you shouldn't be having more children on welfare. Or better, the pay rate should drop off dramatically for each child you have after you go on welfare, like 2/3, 1/3, and zero.

And when those kids get to preschool or kindergarten, mommy and daddy need to find a job or community service.
The Republic is lost.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If I were an employer, why would I want to hire these types?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
If I were an employer, why would I want to hire these types?

That is the rock and the hard place this nation is in, consequences not unintended.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That is the rock and the hard place this nation is in, consequences not unintended.

Are you sure about that?  I'm not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Are you sure about that?  I'm not.

Sorry, was not clear. It is definitely inteneded. Any good dictator scheme has masses of unwashed dependents on the dole ready to riot at any given time, like a little personal SA.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sorry, was not clear. It is definitely inteneded. Any good dictator scheme has masses of unwashed dependents on the dole ready to riot at any given time, like a little personal SA.

My bad!  I misread your post.  My apologies.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
My bad!  I misread your post.  My apologies.

:beer:

All good my brotha!
The Republic is lost.