Author Topic: Politicized Sports Network ESPN Continues To Hemorrhage Subscribers  (Read 313 times)

rangerrebew

Politicized Sports Network ESPN Continues To Hemorrhage Subscribers

May 5, 2018| by Donn Marten

Despite a change in management following a politically charged season of discontent last fall, problems continue to plague the once mighty sports network ESPN which continues to lose subscribers.

According to reports, ESPN lost a whopping 500,000 subscribers last month and a number of factors, not the least of them being the network’s disastrous decision to shift away from pure sports coverage into the toxic swamp of racial and gender grievance have contributed to the decline.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/politicized-sports-network-espn-continues-to-hemorrhage-subscribers/

Offline Slide Rule

ESPN All talk all the time.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline goatprairie

As  a subscriber to ESPN (to watch college basketball) I automatically get ESPN magazine which is ostensibly about sports. There is a columnist for the magazine named Howard Bryant who is black. Virtually each and every article he writes is some version of Evil Whitey doing something racist to a black person. At least through his eyes. Sometimes he even writes about sports.
I usually just toss the magazine away after a glance at the table of contents to see if there's anything interesting.   But I'm always curious to see if Bryant can write just one article  where the black person is the villain and not Evil Whitey. So far I haven't read one.
If they're wondering why they're shedding subscribers, he has to be one of the big reasons. The racist angle gets tiring in a short time.