Author Topic: Trump’s Lawyer Went to the Worst Law School in America  (Read 625 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump’s Lawyer Went to the Worst Law School in America

Michael Cohen’s alma mater has long been a punchline in the legal world.

By PHILIP SHENON

May 04, 2018

The roster of the school’s graduates includes federal and state judges, two members of Congress and several high-profile courtroom lawyers and business leaders.

But whatever the accomplishments of its most distinguished alumni, the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan, once the largest law school in the U.S., does not have a reputation to match. And it never has.

Cooley may be, by some measurements, the worst law school in America. And its standing has not been enhanced by a flood of publicity about the quality of the legal work of its best known and, increasingly, most notorious alum: Michael D. Cohen, class of 1991, President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and the target of a federal criminal investigation in New York that has clearly rattled Trump.

more
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/04/trump-michael-cohen-lawyer-cooley-law-school-218318
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Trump’s Lawyer Went to the Worst Law School in America
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 01:40:10 am »
That's an awfully harsh title man  9999hair out0000
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:28:18 am »
I knew an attorney -- Harvard graduate -- who looked down his nose at graduates of less prestigious schools.  When it came to the law, he was as dumb as a rock.  I could write a better legal brief than he and I didn't go to law school. 

Don't know whether Cohen is a less than stellar attorney because of the law school he attended or whether he is just incompetent and maybe crooked.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 02:31:49 am »
   In all fairness Trump never said he hires the best Lawyers only the best people.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 02:38:54 am »
That's an awfully harsh title man  9999hair out0000

Not really.  It's been consistently ranked among the worst for a long time - before anyone heard of Cohen or really believed Trump would run for prez.  Here's an article from 2012 ranking it 7th worst.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gulags-the-10-worst-aba-accredited-law-schools/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.