Author Topic: President Trump to Send 57,000 Honduran TPS Recipients Back Home  (Read 682 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

URL: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-send-57-000-honduran-tps-recipients-back-home

by  Anna Giaritelli

The Trump administration will require 57,000 Honduran people to return to their home country, after having lived in the U.S. with protected status since a 1999 hurricane, according to a report Friday morning.

The administration will give Hondurans 12 to 18 months to return home, according to McClatchy. Hondurans are the second-largest national group of people who benefit from TPS.

A DHS spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen "has not yet made a decision." But a decision is due by July 6 and the government has yet to formally announce the reported policy change.

Elaine Duke, former acting director of DHS, in November delayed a decision on whether to renew the two-year program.

Instead, the administration announced Hondurans would be given a six-month extension of the Jan. 5, 2018, expiration date as it decides the fate of the program.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link....

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: President Trump to Send 57,000 Honduran TPS Recipients Back Home
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 01:41:15 am »
Fingers crossed he follows through!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:09:03 am »
Some pissant liberal federal judge ruling that Trump can't  send people back home that were supposed to be sent home quite a while ago, in 10..9...8..7... 9999hair out0000

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:04:58 pm »
There is no federal reason for them to remain here.

Good move, DT.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington