Author Topic: Republicans still campaigning against Hillary  (Read 561 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Republicans still campaigning against Hillary
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:21:18 pm »
Too bad she's not still running
By Merrie Soltis
https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/republicans-still-campaigning-against-hillary-op4_WhJPDEWiubtb4RvN4Q/

Remember how after the 2008 election Democrats continued campaigning against George W Bush? Remember how Obama kept complaining that every problem he faced was really something that started under Bush and therefore not really his fault? Remember how conservatives pointed at this and laughed and told the Democrats they needed to get over it because Bush wasn't president anymore?

No? Well, apparently a lot of Republicans have forgotten that too.

According to a study by USA Today, over 13,000 commercials aired since January 1st have mentioned Hillary Clinton. Republicans are still using her as the bogeywoman to tie to their liberal opponents. According to Jennifer Duffy of The Cook Political Report, "The end goal is to taint somebody as not conservative enough, and there are limited ways to do that. If you tie them to an unpopular Democrat, that helps really hammer home that message."

It's a good strategy. I get it. Only problem is, Hillary Clinton won't be appearing on any ballot in America in 2018 (Thank God.)

. . . As an intellectual conservative, I'd much rather see candidates focus on the issues rather than attack ads. Republicans need to do a much better job on selling their tax plan. Senatorial candidates need to continue to emphasize the importance of judicial appointments. We still need to get Obamacare repealed and Planned Parenthood defunded. And of course there's immigration and gun control. So, why do so many candidates focus on negative campaigning? Because, as any campaign strategist will tell you, IT WORKS . . .  I honestly don't see a Hillary presidential campaign trilogy in the works. And at some point, Republicans are going to have to start campaigning on the future instead of the past.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Republicans still campaigning against Hillary
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 11:38:11 pm »
This article goes a long way towards explaining why she's still running...she's drawing fire.  She's not deep enough to appreciate that, but the Dem puppeteers know what a good lightning rod looks like.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:42:17 pm »
This article goes a long way towards explaining why she's still running...she's drawing fire.  She's not deep enough to appreciate that, but the Dem puppeteers know what a good lightning rod looks like.
The only thing for which it looks like she's running is her life. If I were a Democratic strategist (and you couldn't pay me enough to even think about becoming any kind of Democrat), I'd tell my clients, "Unless you want to get burned to a crisp, you're going to campaign as if she doesn't exist. Unless you want Republicans to hold onto Crapola Hill and maybe even increase what they've got there, Hilarious Rodent Clinton doesn't exist. And if they're stupid enough to keep running against her more than they're running on their thoughts and ideas about the future, let them."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:46:23 pm »
The writer of this piece is doing his damnedest to cloud the issue and has apparently been successful with a great many. 

Let me try to correct that.  I, and a great many others, could care less about Hillary Clinton's failed presidential campaign but do care greatly that her many crimes have been, and continue to be, ignored and swept under the rug. And she is only one among many from the previous administration that is true of.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:47:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:47:44 pm »
The only thing for which it looks like she's running is her life. If I were a Democratic strategist (and you couldn't pay me enough to even think about becoming any kind of Democrat), I'd tell my clients, "Unless you want to get burned to a crisp, you're going to campaign as if she doesn't exist. Unless you want Republicans to hold onto Crapola Hill and maybe even increase what they've got there, Hilarious Rodent Clinton doesn't exist. And if they're stupid enough to keep running against her more than they're running on their thoughts and ideas about the future, let them."

I don't disagree with that.  The point is, as long as she keeps running her lip, there are a bunch of The Stupid Party fools humoring her and returning the fire.  The Dems, meanwhile, are finding success by doing just what you say, and they're also staying away from Pelosi.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: