Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein is not above the law  (Read 420 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Rod Rosenstein is not above the law
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:14:32 pm »
The Hill, May 3, 2018, Mark Penn

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s reaction to reports of possible impeachment for failing to respond to congressional subpoenas was to proclaim that the Justice Department “will not be extorted.”

I suppose he meant to say, “Only we here at the Justice Department do the extorting, with special counsels, daylight raids of people’s attorneys, bankrupting people with legal fees, threats to prosecute family members, and questionable wiretapping of Americans.”

Last time I checked, the Constitution gave the elected representatives of the people the right to decide whether to impeach public officials for failure to comply with completely lawful subpoenas and appropriate oversight. They even provide Congress with immunity included in the Constitution to prevent threats from people like Rosenstein.

Read more:  http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/386067-rod-rosenstein-is-not-above-the-law

Offline endicom

Re: Rod Rosenstein is not above the law
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:32:36 pm »

Amen.

I thought Mark Penn might be speaking up out of fear the investigation could boomerang on the Dems. But here he is taking it right to the Dems.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:42 pm »
Sen. Cruz-TX, was a  Constitutional expert. As such, I would enjoy hearing his take, on a 2017 wiretapping of the personal attorney of the President, regarding a Special Council investigation of Russian interference of the 2016 election.

Mueller/Rosenstein are out of control. The GOP are for the most part, silent eunuchs. (a major reason why Trump won, btw).

We have three co-equal branches, not judiciary above all.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:57 pm »

No.  But Hillary is.  As are most of the headliners of the Democrat Criminal Cabal.

The Republicans have certainly done their part to make that so.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775