Author Topic: Data Firm At Center Of Facebook Privacy Scandal Will Close (Cambridge Analytica)  (Read 643 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
NEW YORK (AP) — Cambridge Analytica, the Trump-affiliated data firm at the center of Facebook's worst privacy scandal in history, is declaring bankruptcy and shutting down.

The London firm blamed "unfairly negative media coverage" and said it has been "vilified" for actions it says are both legal and widely accepted as part of online advertising.

Cambridge Analytica said it has filed papers to begin insolvency proceedings in the U.K. and will seek bankruptcy protection in a federal court in New York.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/report-firm-center-facebook-privacy-183414209.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:04:10 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

I’m still surprised that people give all of their real information to sites like Facebook.  When I sign up for an online account and I’m asked for my name, birthday, etc., I make it up.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’m still surprised that people give all of their real information to sites like Facebook.  When I sign up for an online account and I’m asked for my name, birthday, etc., I make it up.

Wait, so you're not really the first wife of Henry VIII?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

@edpc

Damn it, I blew it!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Hell she might be Henry!  :rolling:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Silver Pines

Hell she might be Henry!  :rolling:

@The Ghost

Dude, you never know.  Come over here and lay your head on that block.