Author Topic: Early GOP primaries shaping up as rightward march with Trump  (Read 604 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By BILL BARROW
Just now

As primary season kicks into high gear, Republicans are engaged in nomination fights that are pulling the party to the right, leaving some leaders worried their candidates will be out of a step with the broader electorate in November.

Primaries in four states on Tuesday, all in places Donald Trump carried in 2016, showcase races in which GOP candidates are jockeying to be seen as the most conservative, the most anti-Washington and the most loyal to the president. It’s evidence of the onetime outsider’s deepening imprint on the Republican Party he commandeered less than two year ago.

In Indiana, Republicans will pick from among three Senate candidates who have spent much of the race praising the Trump and bashing each other. In West Virginia, a former federal convict and coal baron has taken aim at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., with racially charged accusations of corruption.

more
https://apnews.com/b3dfaa2c9ddd4e7ebb5c7553e4608c25/Early-GOP-primaries-shaping-up-as-rightward-march-with-Trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Early GOP primaries shaping up as rightward march with Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:55:53 pm »
By BILL BARROW
Just now

As primary season kicks into high gear, Republicans are engaged in nomination fights that are pulling the party to the right, leaving some leaders worried their candidates will be out of a step with the broader electorate in November.

Primaries in four states on Tuesday, all in places Donald Trump carried in 2016, showcase races in which GOP candidates are jockeying to be seen as the most conservative, the most anti-Washington and the most loyal to the president. It’s evidence of the onetime outsider’s deepening imprint on the Republican Party he commandeered less than two year ago.

In Indiana, Republicans will pick from among three Senate candidates who have spent much of the race praising the Trump and bashing each other. In West Virginia, a former federal convict and coal baron has taken aim at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., with racially charged accusations of corruption.

more
https://apnews.com/b3dfaa2c9ddd4e7ebb5c7553e4608c25/Early-GOP-primaries-shaping-up-as-rightward-march-with-Trump
Blankenship is a hard fellow to like.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 01:52:23 am »

Anybody willing to go hammer and tongs after Mitch McConnell is a friend of mine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 02:20:04 am »
Anybody willing to go hammer and tongs after Mitch McConnell is a friend of mine!

888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »

My comment was and remains in connection with the 29 miner that died, and their families.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 06:31:40 pm »

Yep.  @truth_seeker   He manages to combine a few facts with a lot of snark and sarcasm.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.