Author Topic: Giuliani: Trump reimbursed Cohen for $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels  (Read 6787 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nah.  That's just Peecans.

Bourbon, too.  I’ll bet it’s really good.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Right.  But.... never incriminate yourself just cause the idiot left is trying to make you panic.  And that's what it looks like to me.

We'll see how it shakes out.  I think Rudy knows exactly what he is doing.

Offline edpc

I dunno.  If you really know what you’re doing, you don’t follow up a major revelation on a higher rated prime time show with an appearance an a late afternoon show nobody watches to clarify.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I dunno.  If you really know what you’re doing, you don’t follow up a major revelation on a higher rated prime time show with an appearance an a late afternoon show nobody watches to clarify.

Let's wait and see what he says.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I think so too.

I think the point of Rudy's statement was to make clear that Trump paid off the prostitute's blackmail.   Not anyone else - which could be seen as an illegal campaign contribution given the timing of the payoff.   Yes, Cohen paid it but Trump reimbursed him.   

No one should be surprised that Trump, a well-known playboy,  may have dallied with a prostitute.  It's embarrassing, but it happened years before he ran for office.  The whore, of course, sensed a payday and hired a sleazeball guido for her attorney and extorted the money.   And the guido has now appeared over 50 times on CNN in the past several months to keep pushing his slime and maintain CNN's reputation for journalistic excellence.

But if the rent-a-slut was paid off by Trump himself - "funneled" through his lawyer or otherwise - then this is nothing but a tawdry, embarrassing episode.  Not a violation of campaign financing laws. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But if the rent-a-slut was paid off by Trump himself - "funneled" through his lawyer or otherwise - then this is nothing but a tawdry, embarrassing episode.  Not a violation of campaign financing laws.

All it proves is that Americans are fine and dandy being ruled by slime-ball lying sacks of shit.

We deserve all the consequences that follow.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Jazzhead, remember if you want to call her a slut or whore or whatever, don't forget her partner in the act.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead, remember if you want to call her a slut or whore or whatever, don't forget her partner in the act.

Yes, and prostitute and a john.  A transaction of services for money.  Except here, years later, the prostitute realized her john was running for President, and sought to extort him.   A transaction of a promise of silence for more money.   And of course she didn't stay silent, despite getting paid.

What would you call her?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

Yes, and prostitute and a john.  A transaction of services for money.  Except here, years later, the prostitute realized her john was running for President, and sought to extort him.   A transaction of a promise of silence for more money.   And of course she didn't stay silent, despite getting paid.

What would you call her?   

You're forgetting about all the times he promised her this and that (TV spots, property), but never delivered.  Perhaps if he had, the issue would have been swept under the rug years ago.  Daniels and McDougal aren't the only ones.  The fact we know about it was because be didn't pay her.  She did the In Touch interview in 2011 and Cohen threatened them.  Years later, it was a real problem.  The WSJ found out, because Cohen was desperate and sloppy with the election on the line, not because she talked.

Offline edpc

! No longer available

The appearance on Fox&Friends this morning was not helpful at all.  At the 6:00 mark, Ainsley asks Rudy why Cohen said he was never paid back, when Trump says he was. Giuliani can't come up with a good answer, so he veers off and rambles on about how this was personally hurtful to the Trumps and not related to the campaign.

Later, at the 8:10 mark, he posits what if this had come out on Oct 15th during the last debate.  OK, so that makes it a political liability and he admits it on his own.  It's almost painful to watch.  Plus, Cohen disputes Rudy’s version of events, according to Donny Deutsch.

"I spoke with Michael Cohen yesterday and his quote about Giuliani doesn't always know what he's talking about," Deutsch said Friday as a guest on MSNBC.

"He said look there's two people that know exactly what happened, myself and the president and you'll be hearing my side of the story. And he was obviously very frustrated with what had come out yesterday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cohen-giuliani-doesn-talking-article-1.3971188?outputType=amp

Offline corbe

Hell of a Drug, makes old men do stupid $hit, quicker.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
! No longer available

The appearance on Fox&Friends this morning was not helpful at all.  At the 6:00 mark, Ainsley asks Rudy why Cohen said he was never paid back, when Trump says he was. Giuliani can't come up with a good answer, so he veers off and rambles on about how this was personally hurtful to the Trumps and not related to the campaign.

Later, at the 8:10 mark, he posits what if this had come out on Oct 15th during the last debate.  OK, so that makes it a political liability and he admits it on his own.  It's almost painful to watch.  Plus, Cohen disputes Rudy’s version of events, according to Donny Deutsch.

"I spoke with Michael Cohen yesterday and his quote about Giuliani doesn't always know what he's talking about," Deutsch said Friday as a guest on MSNBC.

"He said look there's two people that know exactly what happened, myself and the president and you'll be hearing my side of the story. And he was obviously very frustrated with what had come out yesterday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cohen-giuliani-doesn-talking-article-1.3971188?outputType=amp

Jeeze...

When you are done in a hole, dig your way to China.

Offline darroll

That's the way Washington works. If you run for office you have to look around and see who will try and destroy you. You can't gag them. The only thing left is pay them off.
If you run for office you will be surprised what will be said about you if you are not a democrat.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

You're forgetting about all the times he promised her this and that (TV spots, property), but never delivered.  Perhaps if he had, the issue would have been swept under the rug years ago.  Daniels and McDougal aren't the only ones.  The fact we know about it was because be didn't pay her.  She did the In Touch interview in 2011 and Cohen threatened them.  Years later, it was a real problem.  The WSJ found out, because Cohen was desperate and sloppy with the election on the line, not because she talked.

@edpc, All very well put -- you and @corbe are on a roll ;). 

You're right -- the WSJ brought this up again, not Stormy Daniels.  President Trump still says the affair never happened, which is patently ridiculous.  Or else, who knew it could be that easy to con $130,000 out of President Trump?!

This episode just demonstrates the stupidity of continually compounding lies like, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."  This is such a colossal waste of everyone's time.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline DB

And again... I posit that most, if not every, congress critter probably has similar things in their past that could be used as blackmail or extortion.  And usually....or most of the time.... presidential candidates come from DC (vs. New York).

I'm just saying... that to make this the "big deal" the left is trying to make it is, in my estimation, an epic FAIL.

The problem is Trump has buried himself in lies over this. Blatant lies. It is rather hard to believe anything a blatant liar says after awhile.

Offline edpc

The problem is Trump has buried himself in lies over this. Blatant lies. It is rather hard to believe anything a blatant liar says after awhile.

The worst one was yesterday.  He tried to tell the same reporter who asked him about the Cohen payment on Air Force One that he did not say what he said. It’s unbelievable.   Unfortunately, I could only find a source from MSNBC. However, watch the portion from the 2:00 - 2:40 mark.  Jedi mind trick fail.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:07:16 pm by edpc »