Author Topic: 18 House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 1185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
18 House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:04:36 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 05/02/18 01:54 PM EDT

A group of 18 House Republicans has formally nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In a letter sent on Wednesday to the Norwegian Nobel Committee, the lawmakers tapped Trump for the highly coveted prize for his efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula and end the 68-year-old war between the North and the South.

"Since taking office, President Trump has worked tirelessly to apply maximum pressure on North Korea to end its illicit weapons program and bring peace to the region," the letter, led by Rep. Luke Messer (R-Ind.), reads.

"His Administration successfully united the international community, including China, to impose one of the most successful international sanctions regimes in history."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/385878-18-house-republicans-nominate-trump-for-nobel-peace-prize
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline the_doc

Re: 18 House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:10:24 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 05/02/18 01:54 PM EDT

A group of 18 House Republicans has formally nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In a letter sent on Wednesday to the Norwegian Nobel Committee, the lawmakers tapped Trump for the highly coveted prize for his efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula and end the 68-year-old war between the North and the South.

"Since taking office, President Trump has worked tirelessly to apply maximum pressure on North Korea to end its illicit weapons program and bring peace to the region," the letter, led by Rep. Luke Messer (R-Ind.), reads.

"His Administration successfully united the international community, including China, to impose one of the most successful international sanctions regimes in history."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/385878-18-house-republicans-nominate-trump-for-nobel-peace-prize

Official nominations for regular Nobel Prizes can be made only by qualified nominators (for example, former Nobel Laureates).  I don't know about Norway's Nobel Peace Prize, however.  (They might say, "No, you have to get Obama to nominate Trump.)

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 06:13:00 pm »
Official nominations for regular Nobel Prizes can be made only by qualified nominators (for example, former Nobel Laureates).  I don't know about Norway's Nobel Peace Prize, however.  (They might say, "No, you have to get Obama to nominate Trump.)

Something Obysmal may do in exchange for a Trump pardon.

:) :) :)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 06:37:46 pm »
Pedestrians beware of flying debris. Approaching exploding head zone.

***hair on fire

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:49:35 pm »

If nominated, Trump should decline.

Why is this award still revered?  It has been given to so many sorry people over the years.

Trump has an opportunity to totally discredit this fake award if he will take it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:01:57 pm »

Why is this award still revered?  It has been given to so many sorry people over the years.

Trump has an opportunity to totally discredit this fake award if he will take it.

You’re right, of course. But, I suspect his ego wouldn’t let him do it... I wouldn’t blame him if he were named and accepted it. After all, there have also been many deserving winners, too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:05:01 pm by aligncare »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 07:09:55 pm »

I think Trump should provisionally accept such an award as an opportunity to speak out loudly and clearly against the Peace Prize farce before he donates the prize to some deserving charity.  (Yeah, that would be tacky, but Trump does tacky very, very well.  It would be really cool if his speech could be timed to coincide with the arrest of Obama.) 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 09:28:20 pm »
I thought it was ridiculous for Obama to get the Peace Prize just for talking about peace.

Trump has done more than Obama to receive this already, but this is still in the preliminary stages.

I hope he gets the thing, but only because there will be tangible results, not because Obama got one, too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 01:20:39 am »
Too early for this.

I'm partial to Mr. Trump, but I want to see real results first.

After that, nominate away!

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »
Too early for this.

@Fishrrman

Same. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »
Too early for this.

I agree
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 03:00:32 pm »
Such an honor to be included for recognition along with people like Al Gore, Barack Obama, jimmy Carter, Kofi Annan and Yasser Arafat.

Offline darroll

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 06:23:14 pm »
The libs turned the Nobel Peace Prize into a joke. (No politician left behind)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 06:45:51 pm »
The libs turned the Nobel Peace Prize into a joke. (No politician left behind)

There is always TIME's MOTY to look forward to if the NPP goes to say some dictator or such.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 07:38:26 pm »
It is only fitting that President Trump gets the very last one.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 08:18:33 pm »
I think that history will teach that it was fitting that 18 members of a worthless party petitioned a worthless Euro Committee to bestow a worthless prize.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »
I think that history will teach that it was fitting that 18 members of a worthless party petitioned a worthless Euro Committee to bestow a worthless prize.

A cursory review of past winners of the "Prize" revels a veritable cornucopia of wimps, simps and pimps from all across the globe.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 12:12:18 am »
Too early for this.

Agree.  I think the nomination is a little premature.  Results and then nominate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 09:36:43 am »
Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
May 4

In February 1973, several Republican members of Congress -- including prominent figures like Goldwater, Thurmond, Dole and Ford -- nominated Richard Nixon for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 10:38:07 am »
Agree.  I think the nomination is a little premature.  Results and then nominate.

Figured he would win the "Piece" Prize first.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 12:13:29 pm »
Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
May 4

In February 1973, several Republican members of Congress -- including prominent figures like Goldwater, Thurmond, Dole and Ford -- nominated Richard Nixon for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Le Duc Tho and Kissinger robbed him.