Author Topic: Man found with illegal guns after wearing clothing tied to neo-nazi group  (Read 1295 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
05/01/2018
Man found with illegal guns after wearing clothing tied to neo-nazi group

A 19-year-old man was found with a cache of weapons and ammunition after he was seen wearing clothing associated with a white supremacist and neo-nazi group earlier this month at the College of Lake County in north suburban Grayslake.

Jakub F. Zak, 19, of Vernon Hills, was charged with misdemeanor counts of possession of a firearm without a FOID card and Possession of firearm ammunition without a FOID card, according to Vernon Hills police.

Read more at: https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/man-found-with-illegal-guns-after-wearing-clothing-tied-to-neo-nazi-group/

The story here, isn't so much about this young man, yes, this is all bad but he was released on $150 bond (last sentence of article)? Isn't that very lenient? I think so.  Then, you hear 2 months down the road, someone like this does something very bad and the authorities knew about it. Maybe I'm the one missing something.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. It was probably a bad idea for this kid to wear this around town...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This guy looks like my DM in high school. So his crime was wearing the wrong clothes. And if you read the article it is beautiful. It is guilt by innuendo in the extreme.

From the article:

"He was wearing clothes which are known to be worn by members of a group who were at one time indirectly associated with a group which was related to one guy who ran over people at a rally."

If that is not a damning indictment, then I don't know what is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Just_Victor

When did become illegal for a 19 year old to have a firearm in his home?

When did one's clothing become justification for a search warrant?

Something here smells like week-old fish.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online mountaineer

Just an excuse for the state to step in.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"Ve must see your papers".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The story here, isn't so much about this young man, yes, this is all bad but he was released on $150 bond (last sentence of article)? Isn't that very lenient? I think so.  Then, you hear 2 months down the road, someone like this does something very bad and the authorities knew about it. Maybe I'm the one missing something.

@TomSea
See what registration and licensing gets you.  It gets the police in your home looking for something they can charge you with.

Is wearing certain clothes a risk factor now?   Is wearing a certain shirt now considered a threat?

So yeah you are missing a lot.   This guy was exercising his free speech which may be offensive but is not a threat.

Antifa has been openly threatening revolution and wielding deadly weapons at their 'protests' but their houses aren't being searched?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

When did become illegal for a 19 year old to have a firearm in his home?

When did one's clothing become justification for a search warrant?

@Just_Victor
In some areas of this country such as Chicago, Massachusetts, Baltimore, and New York anyone possessing a firearm must have a firearm license and the firearm has to be registered.

Failure to register and have a license is considered a crime.   In some of the areas the police are even authorized to enter the premises to verify the weapons are being stored properly, without a warrant.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Wearing gang colors or clothes can lead to an interrogation, too.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Just_Victor

@Just_Victor
In some areas of this country such as Chicago, Massachusetts, Baltimore, and New York anyone possessing a firearm must have a firearm license and the firearm has to be registered.

Failure to register and have a license is considered a crime.   In some of the areas the police are even authorized to enter the premises to verify the weapons are being stored properly, without a warrant.

...and those locations are in violation of the Constitution.

on several fronts.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If they had thought he was an Antifa type, it would have read "Teenager found with....".

Offline skeeter

Neo-nazi clothing - whats next?

That tears it - I'm willing my entire estate to the SPLC.

Offline driftdiver

...and those locations are in violation of the Constitution.

on several fronts.

@Just_Victor
While I don't disagree with your position the Federal, State, and local law enforcement have no problem enforcing the unconstitutional laws.

Offline GrouchoTex

Yeah. It was probably a bad idea for this kid to wear this around town...

Well, It is Springtime..............

Offline driftdiver

Well, It is Springtime..............

Maybe he was going hunting?

! No longer available

Offline Just_Victor

@Just_Victor
While I don't disagree with your position the Federal, State, and local law enforcement have no problem enforcing the unconstitutional laws.

Too true.  The problem is that our government from top to bottom has abdicated abiding by the Constitution to the Supreme Court.  They write laws that are in clear violation of the words, and wait for the Supreme Court to step in.  If the court won't take the case, then the law stands, and our Constitutional freedoms are reduced.