Author Topic: The 7th Anniversary of the Death of Usama Bin Laden  (Read 571 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The 7th Anniversary of the Death of Usama Bin Laden
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:58:05 am »
The 7th Anniversary of the Death of Usama Bin Laden
Grant Gambling

Writing in the first person is something I try to avoid as it was something beat into my head by writing mentors early on, but when it comes to Usama bin Laden it always felt very personal for people my age. We were just out of high school and entering college when bin Laden’s cowardly plan was set in motion. It seems almost impossible to describe what we saw in real time, with our own eyes, on live television, to our kids and the generation that followed: people jumping out of buildings, buildings collapsing and thousands of people covered in rubble dust.

Nearly 17 years after that terrible day we still debate what radicalizes extremists and drives them to commit such horrific acts but no one ever stopped to ask were Americans radicalized? Allow me to spoil it for you: they absolutely were radicalized by what they saw in September of 2001.

Continued at: https://www.redstate.com/grantgambling/2018/05/01/7th-anniversary-death-usama-bin-laden/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=7th-anniversary-death-usama-bin-laden&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: The 7th Anniversary of the Death of Usama Bin Laden
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:22:56 am »
Copper is the gift for a 7th anniversary.  Here's 150 grains.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:23:55 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 01:54:51 am »
Copper is the gift for a 7th anniversary.  Here's 150 grains.

SF made the practical choice, though. Who can't use a head canoe?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:05:25 am »
It's Obama's anniversary after all he killed OBL..he told us that a hundred times
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 02:42:27 am »
It's Obama's anniversary after all he killed OBL..he told us that a hundred times

Yeah - and they had to pull him off the back nine at Andrews for one of the most important moments in his presidency.  I'll always be convinced the decision was made for him, probably by Panetta.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.