Author Topic: Huge icebergs could be towed from Antarctica to Cape Town to solve South African drought crisis  (Read 554 times)

rangerrebew

Huge icebergs could be towed from Antarctica to Cape Town to solve South African drought crisis

Marine salvage experts hope to guide huge chunks of ice across the ocean, chop them into a slurry and melt them down in drinking water

ByAnna Verdon

Huge icebergs could be towed from Antarctica to Cape Town in a bid to solve South Africa's worst drought in a century.

Marine salvage experts are floating the plan to tug the icebergs to the region after its seen the worst water shortage in decades.

Salvage master Nick Sloane told Reuters news agency he was looking for government and private investors for a scheme to guide huge chunks of ice across the ocean, chop them into a slurry and melt them down into millions of litres of drinking water.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/huge-icebergs-could-towed-antarctica-12456271

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Huge icebergs could be towed from Antarctica to Cape Town to solve South African drought crisis

Cool.  My first thoughts were that their would be just enough entrained or entrapped salt in the ice during formation / transport to kill the aesthetics.  I guess they thought through that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Isn't this from the script of the remake of Brewster's Millions??  :whistle: