Author Topic: Condoleeza Rice Says Rex Tillerson, Not Trump, Deserves Credit for North Korea Talks  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Democrats saying that Trump hasn't done anything to warrant a Nobel prize is my happy place.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline GrouchoTex

In our absolute way of discussing absolute issues, your absolutely correct observation absolutely does not matter.

Absolutely

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Like Iran, what does North Korea's history on these matters teach us?

What do you have to offer, on the demise of East Germany? Isn't that an equally good comparison?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What do you have to offer, on the demise of East Germany? Isn't that an equally good comparison?

Sure, it is. And you can use that citation to compare the circumstances if you wish. Hopefully it will turn out like that but so far history shows that North Korea uses this tactic quite often and we still mock prior presidents who fell for it.

At that, even Trump himself said that they couldn't be trusted with these type of advances.

Just a year ago he was saying they have been 'playing us for years'.

So like I pointed out in the very first post, I wouldn't be tying anyone to any victory yet as we don't know if it is a victory or a game. Otherwise, we would be like Democrats in the Summer of 2000 proclaiming that Bill Clinton and Madeline Albright brought us peace with North Korea and ended their nuclear program.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

We found out in 2000, when he promised to stop testing and development, he was secretly enriching uranium.

It is naïve to think he was developing and testing in just one location. We found in 2000 he had several secret facilities.

In 2003-2005, we attempted to start 6 party talks. North Korea threw some carrots out and pretended to be nice again.

They were secretly building new testing facilities while putting these carrots out.

In 2006, they resumed testing they claimed to have stopped and revealed that not only did they not stop, they were secretly developing bigger nukes and longer range missiles.

I don't trust him/them either, but the actions you're referring to were his father's.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't trust him/them either, but the actions you're referring to were his father's.

And Lil'Kim is even more insane.