Author Topic: If Only Hillary Had Won . . .  (Read 1399 times)

Offline endicom

If Only Hillary Had Won . . .
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:42:50 pm »
National Review
Victor Davis Hanson
May 1, 2018

Leakers and lawbreakers rewarded with Clinton-administration jobs — and the American public none the wiser about deep-state corruption

There are lots of possible counterfactuals to think about had Hillary Clinton won the presidency as all the experts had predicted.

The U.S. embassy would have stayed in Tel Aviv. “Strategic patience” would likely still govern the North Korea dilemma. Fracking would be curtailed. The — rather than “our” — miners really would be put out of work. Coal certainly would not have been “beautiful.” The economy probably would be slogging along at below 2 percent GDP growth.

China would be delighted, as would Iran. But most important, there would be no collusion narrative — neither one concerning a defeated Donald Trump nor another implicating a victorious Hillary Clinton. In triumph, progressives couldn’t have cared less whether Russians supposedly had tried to help a now irrelevant Trump; and they certainly would have prevented any investigation of the winning Clinton 2016 campaign.

More... https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/hillary-clinton-presidency-leakers-lawbreakers-rewarded/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: If Only Hillary Had Won . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 12:45:12 pm »
There are many here that would applaud this vision in the name of decorum.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »
Maybe the Republicans would remember how to be conservative if they didn't have Trump as their titular figurehead.

At least Hillary is a weak, crippled candidate and wouldn't have the subversive clout Obama had in his two terms. Of course, that weakness is why she lost, too, so arguing "if Hillary had won" is a futile exercise. Hillary wasn't strong enough to win against the most hated GOP candidate in decades, and she wouldn't have been strong enough to govern.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »
There are many here that would applaud this vision in the name of decorum.

Can it, Frank.  The smearing of people "here" who don't agree with you is getting old and we're not laughing at it anymore.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »
Maybe the Republicans would remember how to be conservative if they didn't have Trump as their titular figurehead.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember but there was a time about 12 years ago where the GOP was in control of everything including the Presidency and they were as worthless and Liberal as they are now. Kinda pointless to have them around if the only time they pretend to be Conservative is when there is a Rat President and nothing they do will be enacted.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 01:00:34 pm »
Can it, Frank.  The smearing of people "here" who don't agree with you is getting old and we're not laughing at it anymore.

What's the smear. Go over on that "Wolf" thread or many others here that have "Trump" in the title and see what people are saying. For Christs sakes I just responded to Merle making a similar point right here on this thread. It's everywhere.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 01:08:31 pm »
What's the smear. Go over on that "Wolf" thread or many others here that have "Trump" in the title and see what people are saying. For Christs sakes I just responded to Merle making a similar point right here on this thread. It's everywhere.

I don't like it either.  Only you have the power to dial back Frank's rhetoric.  You enjoy posting humorous things, and Lord knows you're good at it.  This one has run its course.  I don't like either "side" in this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 01:10:09 pm »

At least Hillary is a weak, crippled candidate and wouldn't have the subversive clout Obama had in his two terms. Of course, that weakness is why she lost, too, so arguing "if Hillary had won" is a futile exercise. Hillary wasn't strong enough to win against the most hated GOP candidate in decades, and she wouldn't have been strong enough to govern.

Despite the strongest incoming fire targeting him from every corner of the political ruling class – including especially the media graybeards – Trump still managed to win the people’s vote.

Now, tell me, how exactly does that equate to Trump being “...the most hated GOP candidate in decades?”

Maybe you can use as evidence his approval ratings hovering now around 51%?

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »

Maybe there's little to remember. Was Nixon conservative?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:28:54 am by endicom »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 01:14:17 pm »
I don't like it either.  Only you have the power to dial back Frank's rhetoric.

Dial back? My original post on this thread was as clean, succinct and mellow as anything I have ever posted on this forum.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »
Dial back? My original post on this thread was as clean, succinct and mellow as anything I have ever posted on this forum.

Yeah, that knock on you did sorta come out of nowhere.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 01:17:57 pm »
Excuse me. I thought this article was about something else.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:04 pm »
Good read; thought-provoking as always for VDH.

It is a fine reminder that no matter how obnoxious Donald Trump's behavior may sometimes be (and yes, he has his moments), any person who cares about American liberty ought to give thanks to God Almighty that Hillary Clinton was never allowed anywhere near the Oval Office.

After 2000, that is, when she was probably just checking the rug for Bill spills.     
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline endicom

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:00 pm »

It is a fine reminder that no matter how obnoxious Donald Trump's behavior may sometimes be (and yes, he has his moments), any person who cares about American liberty ought to give thanks to God Almighty that Hillary Clinton was never allowed anywhere near the Oval Office.

We'd have been cemented in like the United States of Chernobyl.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 01:29:33 pm »

After 2000, that is, when she was probably just checking the rug for Bill spills.     

That puts it about as well as I've heard.  I celebrated when the Hag lost too.  Didn't really much matter to me who beat her, still doesn't.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 01:35:57 pm »
Yeah, that knock on you did sorta come out of nowhere.

Yeah. I heard through back channels that I was going to be targeted here for my stance on Elon Musk. Looks like my informants were right.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 12:49:20 am »
j myrle opined:
"Maybe the Republicans would remember how to be conservative if they didn't have Trump as their titular figurehead."

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha !!

My English, it ain't so good.
You make joke, right???
Good joke!

Good one, Mr. Fuller.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 12:56:31 am »

Maybe here's little to remember. Was Nixon conservative?

No, he wasn't.