Author Topic: Saudi crown prince says Israelis have right to their own land  (Read 647 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s crown prince said in a published interview that Israelis are entitled to live peacefully on their own land, another public sign of an apparent thawing in ties between the two countries.

Asked if he believes the Jewish people have a right to a nation state in at least part of their ancestral homeland, Mohammed bin Salman was quoted by U.S. magazine The Atlantic as saying:

“I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land. But we have to have a peace agreement to assure the stability for everyone and to have normal relations.”

Saudi Arabia - birthplace of Islam and site of its holiest shrines - does not officially recognize Israel. It has maintained for years that normalizing relations hinges on an Israeli withdrawal from Arab lands captured in the 1967 Middle East war - territory Palestinians seek for a future state.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-prince-israel/saudi-crown-prince-says-israelis-have-right-to-their-own-land-idUSKCN1H91SQ
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Saudi crown prince says Israelis have right to their own land
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:14:19 am »
Correct, I remember him saying this and it was said almost a month ago, the article is dated, April 3rd, that is fine. I think I read one of the "anti-Muslim" websites like Pamela Geller or other, try to pick his statement apart. This was not posted the first time around, I don't think, so this is good to post it still.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 04:17:41 am »
It has maintained for years that normalizing relations hinges on an Israeli withdrawal from Arab lands captured in the 1967 Middle East war - territory Palestinians seek for a future state.

Too damn bad.  It's no longer Arab land.  They started wars in 1948, '67, and '73.  Three time losers can deal with the consequences.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 04:43:17 am »

Too damn bad.  It's no longer Arab land.  They started wars in 1948, '67, and '73.  Three time losers can deal with the consequences.

FWIW we "gave back" Japan and Germany.  IF and it is a BIG IF, Israel felt safe, I think they would give back SOME land.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln