Author Topic: Trump Bodyguard Took President's Personal Medical Files in 'Raid' After Inauguration, Doctor Says  (Read 1811 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't know what the big deal is, Bronstein said he was the fittest man he ever met and the healthiest person ever to run for president, so there isn't anything there to hide.

President Donald Trump’s longtime bodyguard showed up without notice at the office of Trump’s personal doctor shortly after inauguration and took all of the President’s medical records, the doctor told NBC News on Tuesday.
Then-White House aide Keith Schiller, who previously served as Trump’s personal bodyguard, Trump Organization lawyer Alan Garten and another “large man” came unannounced and took the files on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017, Dr. Harold Bornstein said.....

http://time.com/5261596/donald-trump-medical-files-raid-doctor-harold-bornstein/

Offline Applewood

Look at the photo.  This "doctor" looks like a narcotics pusher.  Dr. Feelgood. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I guess he can forget about the VA posting.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

So?

Well, if true (and apparently Huckabee-Sanders just admitted it was) it would amount to theft. Those documents are the property of the doctor. They can request them or they can get law enforcement to get a warrant for them. But to barge right in and take them without permission is theft.

Offline skeeter

Oh boy this news ought to keep those hearts palpitating for another day or so.

Or at least until we find out Donald uses Rogaine. What a sensational day that will be.

Offline driftdiver

Well, if true (and apparently Huckabee-Sanders just admitted it was) it would amount to theft. Those documents are the property of the doctor. They can request them or they can get law enforcement to get a warrant for them. But to barge right in and take them without permission is theft.

@AbaraXas
More proof that no bridge is too far for a NT.

They aren't technically the property of the doctor but the doctor is legally responsible for maintaining their security.   In certain cases there are exceptions.  Like in the case of national security related to sensitive information about the President.

and yeah, when it comes to national security related to POTUS the security team can do just about anything up to and including killing people they view as a threat to the President.

Offline driftdiver

Or at least until we find out Donald uses Rogaine. What a sensational day that will be.

@skeeter
Better rogain than Preparation H.

Offline skeeter

@AbaraXas

They aren't technically the property of the doctor but the doctor is legally responsible for maintaining their security.   In certain cases there are exceptions.  Like in the case of national security related to sensitive information about the President.

and yeah, when it comes to national security related to POTUS the security team can do just about anything up to and including killing people they view as a threat to the President.

Bottom line is medical records belong to the patient. The method of acquiring them may be problematic, though. It seems reasonable that the president can simply take them.

Offline driftdiver

Bottom line is medical records belong to the patient. The method of acquiring them may be problematic, though. It seems reasonable that the president can simply take them.

@skeeter
You and I can get copies of our records but we can't take our original records.  That would be considered theft and a violation of HIPAA laws.   The doctor would have to report it to the Office of Civil Rights.   The original record belongs to the provider (aka doctor or hospital) and they are legally required to maintain it for up to 30 years, depending on about 60 different variables.  If the doctor quits his/her practice then they typically turn their records over to a hospital or another doctor.

The President has different rules.  National security an all because they contain information which could be used against him.   For example if the President was allergic to peanuts, well that would be in his records.   Someone getting those records could then plot an assassination using peanut oil.

I'm sure this exact same thing has been done with every single President for the last 60 years.

Offline driftdiver

BTW for most people your 'medical record' no longer exists.   Nearly all hospitals and many doctors have converted to electronic systems.  Some doctors are still using paper records but the number is dwindling since any reimbursement they would get under Medicare or Medicade is reduced if they don't use electronic records.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
You and I can get copies of our records but we can't take our original records.  That would be considered theft and a violation of HIPAA laws.   The doctor would have to report it to the Office of Civil Rights.   The original record belongs to the provider (aka doctor or hospital) and they are legally required to maintain it for up to 30 years, depending on about 60 different variables.  If the doctor quits his/her practice then they typically turn their records over to a hospital or another doctor.

The President has different rules.  National security an all because they contain information which could be used against him.   For example if the President was allergic to peanuts, well that would be in his records.   Someone getting those records could then plot an assassination using peanut oil.

I'm sure this exact same thing has been done with every single President for the last 60 years.

Thanks, this makes sense.

Offline ABX

@AbaraXas

Does a patient own their medical record?
Patients do not own their medical record. The facility that created the record owns it, but the law states the patient has the right to and receive copies of the record.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Who_does_the_patient_medical_record_belong_to

Offline driftdiver

Does a patient own their medical record?
Patients do not own their medical record. The facility that created the record owns it, but the law states the patient has the right to and receive copies of the record.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Who_does_the_patient_medical_record_belong_to

whats crazy is you and I have less right to access our records then does law enforcement

Offline ABX

@skeeter

This point is true, except that wasn't acquired through private bodyguards (not Secret Service or law enforcement) barging into the doctor's office.

There is a precedent, Obama did the same thing (albeit I believe he went through a judge which is more normal practice). But the irony is those are listed in the big complaint of 'sealed records' of his.

Offline driftdiver

This point is true, except that wasn't acquired through private bodyguards (not Secret Service or law enforcement) barging into the doctor's office.

There is a precedent, Obama did the same thing (albeit I believe he went through a judge which is more normal practice). But the irony is those are listed in the big complaint of 'sealed records' of his.

Perhaps you're right.  However I dont think we've had another President where it was as likely someone would try to steal those records.

Offline edpc

Harold Bornstein, Trump's longtime personal doctor, told NBC that Keith Schiller and two others showed up at his office in February 2017 in an episode that left him feeling "frightened" and "sad."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-defends-seizure-trumps-medical-records-193429891--politics.html

8888crybaby

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

White House defends taking records from Trump's former doc
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-defends-seizure-trumps-medical-records-54860908

So they collected them after the doc released to the press what medicines trump was taking.

This doc is lucky he wasn't prosecuted.

Offline edpc

Exclusive: Bornstein claims Trump dictated the glowing health letter

(CNN) When Dr. Harold Bornstein described in hyperbolic prose then-candidate Donald Trump's health in 2015, the language he used was eerily similar to the style preferred by his patient.

It turns out the patient himself wrote it, according to Bornstein.

"He dictated that whole letter. I didn't write that letter," Bornstein told CNN on Tuesday. "I just made it up as I went along."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/harold-bornstein-trump-letter/index.html

Seems like the lab results are in and show bad blood between Borstein and Trump.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:32:57 pm by edpc »

Offline Victoria33

I knew Trump wrote it - sounded exactly what he would say.  No doctor would write that.

Offline Victoria33

Obama's doctor was on TV.  He made copies for Obama, but he has the originals.

Offline edpc

Wonder how long it will take before there's a tweetstorm about what a lousy doctor Borstein is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No way.  His coiffure would be much better if he did use Rogaine. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member