Author Topic: Impeachment looms large in White House midterm plans  (Read 1282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeachment looms large in White House midterm plans
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »
Impeachment looms large in White House midterm plans
By Alexander Bolton and Melanie Zanona - 04/30/18 06:53 PM EDT

President Trump wants to step up efforts to protect Republican control of the House in hopes of avoiding an impeachment debate and congressional investigations if Democrats seize the chamber, according to GOP sources.

“It is super important to the White House and really the whole White House is very focused on it,” said a source familiar with strategy talks about protecting the House majority.

“The president is expected to dial up efforts in this regard during and after the August recess,” the source added.

While Democratic leaders in the House are playing any talk of impeachment very carefully, the idea of impeaching Trump has strong support within the party’s liberal base.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385575-impeachment-looms-large-in-white-house-midterm-plans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Impeachment looms large in White House midterm plans
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 11:14:21 pm »
Maybe they should have thought about that back when they did nearly nothing they promised and spent more money than the Democrats wanted to...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:28:01 pm »
Impeachment could turn around and bite the Democrats in their own butt. The first thing Pence would do as President is to fire Sessions, Rosenstein, Mueller, Strzok and Page, and a dozen others. I do not fear impeachment as much as the Dems think I do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:28:24 pm »
There has to be a reason for impeachment, but in the majority, Dems could do it anyway, and even if it happens, it takes 2/3 of the senate to convict.  Unless Mueller has something criminal, Trump won't be convicted, even if impeached just because they have the numbers.  If the Dems, however, after the election, had 2/3 of the senate, then they could convict him, but - for what?  Still think it would have to be a criminal charge.  Just because they don't like him, won't work.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 11:44:26 pm »
There has to be a reason for impeachment, but in the majority, Dems could do it anyway, and even if it happens, it takes 2/3 of the senate to convict.  Unless Mueller has something criminal, Trump won't be convicted, even if impeached just because they have the numbers.  If the Dems, however, after the election, had 2/3 of the senate, then they could convict him, but - for what?  Still think it would have to be a criminal charge.  Just because they don't like him, won't work.

What you are saying is true, however, we are talking the DEMS and some of the GOP(e) that tend to have two sets of rules.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 11:47:24 pm »
Impeachment could turn around and bite the Democrats in their own butt. The first thing Pence would do as President is to fire Sessions, Rosenstein, Mueller, Strzok and Page, and a dozen others. I do not fear impeachment as much as the Dems think I do.

How do you know this about Pence and what are you basing that opinion on?  I see him as quite the opposite actually; I see him as kowtowing to the DEMS.  Keep in mind also that there are swamp creatures on both sides.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 11:50:01 pm »
   After the many failures of the GOP in the last 2 years this is all they got, can't campaign on Shrinking the Budget/Repeal&Replace/Wall/Drain the Swamp/Lock her Up~all they got is Vote for me so PRESIDENT Trump won't be impeached.  Brilliant!  It may work.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 12:12:12 am »
   After the many failures of the GOP in the last 2 years this is all they got, can't campaign on Shrinking the Budget/Repeal&Replace/Wall/Drain the Swamp/Lock her Up~all they got is Vote for me so PRESIDENT Trump won't be impeached.  Brilliant!  It may work.

Howabout a big can o meh?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 12:36:52 am »

Impeachment is not removal.  Both Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were impeached.  They'd need 67 Senators for removal.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:38:31 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 12:49:12 am »
   IF ol' Bill is still alive, I can see them doing an Impeachment Golf Classic Series in 2024.
                             The ratings would be phenomenal, if they can keep it 'PG'.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:50:33 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 03:18:02 am »

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is a pretty loose term, so I have no doubt the Dems consider anything they want as reasonable grounds.  They will vote in unity, no matter how stupid their reasoning may seem to us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 03:22:43 am »
How do you know this about Pence and what are you basing that opinion on?  I see him as quite the opposite actually; I see him as kowtowing to the DEMS.  Keep in mind also that there are swamp creatures on both sides.

@libertybele   Me, too.  I do not see Pence as strong at all.  I may be wrong and I like Pence but I absolutely cannot see him taking strong actions.

By the way, does anyone know what the grounds for impeaching President Trump are?

I don't know of any.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 03:23:37 am »
   IF ol' Bill is still alive, I can see them doing an Impeachment Golf Classic Series in 2024.
                             The ratings would be phenomenal, if they can keep it 'PG'.

@corbe   You've been on your game today, corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 03:36:26 am »

LOL. Pence is going to roll over like an old drunk. He won't do shit if we are unfortunate enough to have him as President.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 10:52:13 am »
Impeachment for what exactly? If we get to the point where we just impeach Presidents we don't like, we will basically have a Parliamentary system. The President will serve on behalf of the Congress.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 06:38:43 pm »
Impeachment for what exactly?

Well, 'lying to congress' will be a cinch...