Author Topic: VOTERS WANT TO “DRAIN SWAMP,” DON’T TRUST GOP TO DO IT  (Read 741 times)

Offline endicom

Power Line
Paul Mirengoff
Apr. 30, 2018

“Drain The Swamp” was an important rallying cry of the Trump campaign. But does it still resonate a year-and-a-half after the 2016 election?

It does. So finds a poll commissioned by Ear to the Ground and conducted by McLaughlin & Associates.

The poll (of 1,000 likely voters) found that 55 percent of Americans are “concerned” or “very concerned” about “the Swamp,” with 36 percent very concerned. 59 percent of those who identify as “very conservative” said they were very concerned.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/04/voters-want-to-drain-swamp-dont-trust-gop-to-do-it.php

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wonder why that is?  /sarc
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Anyone trusting the GOP to do anything but enable the Democrat Agenda and craft trillion-dollar omnibus thousand-page deficit spending bills in secret and strong-arming everyone to vote on them before anyone reads them, is willfully blind, dumb and stupid in my estimation.

The Republican Party is just another arm of the Deep State Oligarchy, or if you prefer - Big Government Democrats have taken over the GOP from within.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

I wonder why that is?  /sarc

Wonder, Stevie could see it.

I don't know about the accuracy of the numbers but the poll does seem to capture the public mood.

Offline bilo

I would love to see the corruption ended and the swamp drained, but who's going to do it?

We know the Pubs won't. They've had over a year to do what they said they would do and have done very little. The Rats sure aren't going to clean out their feeding trough. It's rather depressing to realize only a few people actually represent the majority of the USA that wants the swamp cleaned out.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I would love to see the corruption ended and the swamp drained, but who's going to do it?

We know the Pubs won't. They've had over a year to do what they said they would do and have done very little. The Rats sure aren't going to clean out their feeding trough. It's rather depressing to realize only a few people actually represent the majority of the USA that wants the swamp cleaned out.

The truth is that poll is misleading as hell.

Conservatives read "the swamp" one way -- progressives read it another.  So though the poll makes it sound as though a clear majority all wants the same thing, we really don't because we don't attach the same meaning to questions.

The problem isn't "Republicans."  The problem is that we don't elect enough conservative Republicans.  There are all the Charlie Dent's of the GOP who are not, and never have been, conservatives.  So even if a majority of the GOP itself is conservative, those RINOs are enough to prevent conservatives from having control of Congress.

The answer is to elect more conservatives in districts that have elected guys like Dent.

Offline darroll

This is not easy as the game is rigged. (GOP)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So ... let's see ... if voters don't think that the GOP can drain the swamp, that really leaves two scenarios; the DEMS draining the swamp or the people standing up and and draining that swamp for them! Short of a revolution, I don't see the later happening.

If Trump were to fire Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller, I think the American people might have a sliver of confidence in the GOP.  IMHO, not going to happen.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The truth is that poll is misleading as hell.

Conservatives read "the swamp" one way -- progressives read it another.  So though the poll makes it sound as though a clear majority all wants the same thing, we really don't because we don't attach the same meaning to questions.

The problem isn't "Republicans."  The problem is that we don't elect enough conservative Republicans.  There are all the Charlie Dent's of the GOP who are not, and never have been, conservatives.  So even if a majority of the GOP itself is conservative, those RINOs are enough to prevent conservatives from having control of Congress.

The answer is to elect more conservatives in districts that have elected guys like Dent.

I hear what you're saying, but, there aren't enough conservative Republicans running. The 2nd problem is McConnell on the Senate side is doing everything he can to ensure that conservatives don't win and that he keeps his 'team' of incumbents.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Anyone trusting the GOP to do anything but enable the Democrat Agenda and craft trillion-dollar omnibus thousand-page deficit spending bills in secret and strong-arming everyone to vote on them before anyone reads them, is willfully blind, dumb and stupid in my estimation.

The Republican Party is just another arm of the Deep State Oligarchy, or if you prefer - Big Government Democrats have taken over the GOP from within.

We should have some kind of exposer website.  Rat Report to publish voting and investigate what they are getting in return.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.