Author Topic: Catholics close 20 refugee offices, layoff hundreds as federal funding plummets  (Read 490 times)

rangerrebew

Catholics close 20 refugee offices, layoff hundreds as federal funding plummets

Posted by Ann Corcoran on April 22, 2018
“There is not a Catholic Charities program that has not been impacted in some way…picture is not a pretty one.”

Jim Kuh, Director of immigration and refugee services for Catholic Charities USA

CATHOLIC CHARITIES USA(R) LOGOHere we go again, another whinny story about how that mean ol’ Donald Trump is hurting Catholic RELIGIOUS programs by cutting the number of refugees who come with federal funding attached to each one!

Before reading on check out the Capital Research Center tutorial on why it is bad policy all around for taxpayers to fund Catholic Charities.

This is what I think every time I see stories like this:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2018/04/22/catholics-close-20-refugee-offices-layoff-hundreds-as-federal-funding-plummets/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is only one organization which accepts funding from the FedGov to import people from elsewhere.

If these efforts are to be charitable, the Feds should not be funding them, especially if they are from organizations which use church names. If the churches want to sponsor resettlement/refugee efforts, let them raise their own money and stay out of the public coffers.

The USCCB is one of nine agencies that receive hundreds of millions in tax dollars to resettle refugees and asylum seekers in the U.S. under contract with the federal government. Six of the nine contractors are religious groups, WND has learned, including the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, Episcopal Migration Ministries, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, the Church World Service and World Relief Corp., which includes a plethora of evangelical groups.

The Catholic Bishops alone received $65.9 million in federal grants to care for unaccompanied alien children and refugees, according to its 2012 annual report.

By contrast, the group raised $1.4 million from its own church members while federal loans and private-sector grants made up the remainder of the $71 million spent on the resettlements that year. That means 93 percent of the USCCB’s spending on charity work with UACs and refugees was covered by the American taxpayer.

Kevin Appleby, director of USCC’s Migration and Refugee Services Office, did not respond to calls and emails from WND seeking comment.

Similar funding ratios have been found to be the norm with the Lutheran effort.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/religious-charities-profit-from-open-borders/#7iqzl0eX36FZSpYh.99

More here as well:https://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/articles/2012/edwards-religious-refugee-resettlement.pdf
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Catholics close 20 refugee offices, layoff hundreds as federal funding plummets

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.