Author Topic: Don’t Get Angry About Mean Insult Comics If You Helped Put One In The Oval Office  (Read 925 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Jim Jamitis
https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2018/04/29/dont-get-angry-mean-insult-comics-helped-put-one-oval-office/

The White House Correspondents Dinner is what happens when people’s intellect and emotional maturity never make it out of high school. I’ve always thought it was a stupid event and one that blurs the already too blurry line between reporting the news about the nation’s chief executive and entertaining a room full of wine-soaked douchebags.

Events like this demean the office of the President and celebrate the ignorance and one-sidedness of the press. Not attending these dinners is one of the good moves that Trump has made as President. I suspect he made that move mostly to avoid celebrating the biased media. If he was ever concerned about the dignity of the office, he never would have run for it, at least not in the manner that he did . . .

. . . The facile humor that apparently entertains Washington journalists deserves to be criticized and ridiculed but the right to do so with any credibility is another thing that many of Trump’s most devout discarded like leftover parts of a wobbly Ikea bookcase . . . They cheer every mean-spirited, insulting, or untrue thing that comes out of his mouth but let anyone come back with anything similar about him (or them), they react like college kids whose therapy puppies and cry room have been taken away because Republicans cut the budget . . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline dfwgator

So what was Wanda Sykes' excuse back in 2009?

! No longer available

Offline EasyAce

So what was Wanda Sykes' excuse back in 2009?

! No longer available
Beats my pair of jacks. I thought His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, came across as a comedian whose audience forgot how to laugh---until I realised that they realised he wasn't exactly kidding. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Beats my pair of jacks. I thought His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, came across as a comedian whose audience forgot how to laugh---until I realised that they realised he wasn't exactly kidding. ;)

Steve Bridges...the Obama impersonator, who unexpectedly died within a week of Andrew Breitbart...who also died "unexpectedly". 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Just when I thought I had all the laughs I could from the degenerate clowns at Red State, here they come again to beclown themselves.

Offline EasyAce

Steve Bridges...the Obama impersonator, who unexpectedly died within a week of Andrew Breitbart...who also died "unexpectedly".
Bridges (who also was renowned for his George W. Bush impersonation) died of anaphylaxis, described medically as "a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It typically causes more than one of the following: an itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, and low blood pressure. These symptoms typically come on over minutes to hours."

Breitbart died of a heart attack. (He may have suffered one previous one.)

And both can happen unexpectedly.

Offline RoosGirl

Bridges (who also was renowned for his George W. Bush impersonation) died of anaphylaxis, described medically as "a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It typically causes more than one of the following: an itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, and low blood pressure. These symptoms typically come on over minutes to hours."

Breitbart died of a heart attack. (He may have suffered one previous one.)

And both can happen unexpectedly.

Wow, I guess that's pretty rare to have an Obama and a W impersonator.

I think the point of the article is regardless that the left "started it", you can't contijue to complain about it when you decide to join in the game.  You want to elect a foul-mouthed "fighter" to counteract the left's foulness he better be bigger, faster, stronger. Oh, and also stop stepping on his own dick enough to get his message out.  So far that hasn't happened.

Offline EasyAce

Well, remember that Rich Little made a career out of impersonating, among others, Republican and Democratic presidents and other political creatures alike, too.

I think the point of the article is regardless that the left "started it", you can't contijue to complain about it when you decide to join in the game.
Exactly.

You want to elect a foul-mouthed "fighter" to counteract the left's foulness he better be bigger, faster, stronger. Oh, and also stop stepping on his own dick enough to get his message out.  So far that hasn't happened.
Bearing in mind, of course, that the mouth isn't even close to the only foul thing about him.

Offline skeeter

I think the point of the article is regardless that the left "started it", you can't contijue to complain about it when you decide to join in the game. 

An excellent piece of advise and one I'll take every day of the week, twice on Sundays, if it means the usual scolds now stop bitching about Trumps's, er, un-presidentially rustic style of rhetoric. 'Cause they've now joined the game too.

Offline aligncare

I remember all the vicious jokes at the WHCD aimed at Barack Obama. They were along the lines of, d@mn that Obama, he’s too nice, his marriage is too wonderful, he’s too darn effective...