Author Topic: Kim Says He’ll Give Up Weapons if U.S. Promises Not to Invade  (Read 1253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Choe Sang-Hun
April 29, 2018

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, told President Moon Jae-in of South Korea when they met that he would abandon his nuclear weapons if the United States would agree to formally end the Korean War and promise that it would not invade his country, a South Korean government spokesman said Sunday.

In a faith-building gesture ahead of a summit meeting with President Trump, Mr. Kim also said he would invite experts and journalists from South Korea and the United States to watch the shutdown next month of his country’s only known underground nuclear test site.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/world/asia/north-korea-trump-nuclear.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Kim Says He’ll Give Up Weapons if U.S. Promises Not to Invade
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 02:41:48 pm »
:bigsilly:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 03:20:02 pm »
My guess is the expense of his last round of rockets and testing have bankrupted him.  I've read reports that his spending has exhausted all the money his father and grandfather created. 

I thought it was a ruse at first but him going to south Korea was a game changer.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 04:44:14 pm »
My guess is the expense of his last round of rockets and testing have bankrupted him.  I've read reports that his spending has exhausted all the money his father and grandfather created. 

I thought it was a ruse at first but him going to south Korea was a game changer.

It''s that or China has finally taken umbrage at Kim's creating a very serious nuclear pollution hazard near China's border by collapsing that mountain with the testing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 04:45:24 pm »
Interesting.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:59:46 pm »
It''s that or China has finally taken umbrage at Kim's creating a very serious nuclear pollution hazard near China's border by collapsing that mountain with the testing.

More to the point, China knows any potential US military action puts a significant naval presence in these areas and that’s against their interests.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 10:19:43 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Maybe the threat of a nuclear accident but not the mere pollution.  Over 50% of Chinas farmland is polluted with heavy metals.  Water and air pollution from China are effecting the entire region.  I can't imagine they care about more pollution, radioactive or not.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 10:24:42 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Maybe the threat of a nuclear accident but not the mere pollution.  Over 50% of Chinas farmland is polluted with heavy metals.  Water and air pollution from China are effecting the entire region.  I can't imagine they care about more pollution, radioactive or not.

What's threatening to come out from under that Nork mountain is orders of magnitude worse.  All those fizzled tests really created a sloppy mess down below.  But I think what @edpc mentioned is also highly probable.  China doesn't really want our azzes hanging around that part of the world.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 10:40:56 pm »
What's threatening to come out from under that Nork mountain is orders of magnitude worse.  All those fizzled tests really created a sloppy mess down below.

They're lucky the last test didn't turn into a Castle Bravo situation, where the yield significantly exceeded expectations and turned the entire area into a wasteland with all that garbage plutonium trapped in the mountain.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 11:08:07 pm »

They're lucky the last test didn't turn into a Castle Bravo situation, where the yield significantly exceeded expectations and turned the entire area into a wasteland with all that garbage plutonium trapped in the mountain.

Forgot where I read it, but I remember seeing that his whole nuclear weapons program in that mountain has been compromised, and he basically had no choice.   Still, I wouldn't trust that little goofy f'er as far as I could throw him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 11:13:31 pm »
Forgot where I read it, but I remember seeing that his whole nuclear weapons program in that mountain has been compromised, and he basically had no choice.   Still, I wouldn't trust that little goofy f'er as far as I could throw him.

I wouldn't mind if he continues to test missiles and had his own Nedelin catastrophe.  The Soviets lost important personnel and suffered an enormous setback in their rocket program.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:16:06 pm by edpc »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 11:25:00 pm »

I wouldn't mind if he continues to test missiles and had his own Nedelin catastrophe.  The Soviets lost important personnel and suffered an enormous setback in their rocket program.

! No longer available

I Googled that to make sure I was thinking of the same thing.  It was indicative of their sloppy approach to site safety.  They would never have put their manned space program on hold just because a few astronauts got killed in a training accident.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:25:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 11:37:57 pm »
Or the art of the deal is being played, just not by Trump on Kim.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 11:38:34 pm »
I Googled that to make sure I was thinking of the same thing.  It was indicative of their sloppy approach to site safety.  They would never have put their manned space program on hold just because a few astronauts got killed in a training accident.

Hyperbolic fuel is crazy stuff.  We had our mini version of that incident in 1980 when the Damascus Titan ICBM exploded.  Fortunately, it was in a silo.