Author Topic: McCain's son-in-law: 'John hugged me tonight. He asked me to take care of Meghan.'  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain's son-in-law: 'John hugged me tonight. He asked me to take care of Meghan.'
WFAA, Apr 29, 2018, Yvonne Wingett Sanchez

John McCain's son-in-law, conservative pundit Ben Domenech, tweeted Saturday night that the senator, who is battling a deadly form of brain cancer, asked him to take care of his daughter, Meghan.

McCain, a six-term Arizona Republican, was released from the hospital last week. He had been in stable condition at the Mayo Clinic, according to his family and Senate office, following surgery for an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis.

More:  https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-now/mccains-son-in-law-john-hugged-me-tonight-he-asked-me-to-take-care-of-meghan/465-315a9bcb-72f0-43b2-b491-e3074d2c1209

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Can we start the "Pool" now?   :cool:

Mod Note:  It's still in bad taste, so the answer is "No!"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:35:01 pm by Mod5 »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:59:25 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Gonna give up that seat John or are you going to have it pried from your cold dead hands?

I'm guessing the latter.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
My momma said never to talk bad about dead people.   Well he's not dead.  The bastard
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Gonna give up that seat John or are you going to have it pried from your cold dead hands?

I'm guessing the latter.

He will give it up if he can make it to May.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So ... any bets as to how elaborate the funeral is going to be??  After all, it's going to be a tremendous loss for the DEMS.  I'm guessing he's going to have a funeral that will be televised on every channel for hours and reporting will go on for days. His funeral will be similar to that of a past president.

Then there will come the movies and the books about the 'truth' of the life of John McCain.   :pop41:

I will go no further with comment, only to wish his family well at his time of death.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Please guys...Once again please be respectful this is not TOS.

Thank you
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Thank you
:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thank you

:nometalk:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

Thank you

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline NavyCanDo

Thank you

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He will give it up if he can make it to May.

Through May, according to this article.  Otherwise, the replacement goes through the midterm vote this year.

Senate vacancies are filled by a governor's appointee, with the seat on the next general election ballot. Current law says his seat would be on this year's ballot if he leaves office by May 30.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/856327?section=politics&keywords=john-mccain-arizona-senate-replacement&year=2018&month=04&date=24&id=856327&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.search.yahoo.com
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline montanajoe

Not a single one of you keyboard warriors, psuedo-comedians, or assholes could have survived a day that this guy did as a prisoner in North Vietnam ..STFU
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:57:04 am by montanajoe »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain was admitted to the hospital in Phoenix last night for further treatment of diverticulitis.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/staff/sen-john-mccain-back-in-the-hospital-asking-his-son/article_15b02700-4c14-11e8-bd4a-6b0e38b0cd97.html

Silver Pines

Thank you

@mystery-ak

Thank you.

Offline Applewood

Not a single one of you keyboard warriors, psuedo-comedians, or assholes could have survived a day that this guy did as a prisoner in North Vietnam ..STFU

I get that and I always had respect for McCain's sacrifice and service during the war.  But it seems that his service in the senate (or lack thereof) overshadowed his war experiences and made me feel he had lost the respect and goodwill he had achieved from his war experience.  I've made my opinion known on this site and elsewhere numerous times, as have other here.

However, McCain is now terminally ill.  The right thing to do, in my opinion, is to stop bringing up all our hatred and/or displeasure with McCain.  God in his own good time will call McCain home and He will judge him as He sees fit.  What purpose does it serve to rehash old wounds now?  If we can't offer prayers for him and his family or say something nice, just say nothing at all. Why is that so hard for some people?

Online mountaineer

However, McCain is now terminally ill.  The right thing to do, in my opinion, is to stop bringing up all our hatred and/or displeasure with McCain.  God in his own good time will call McCain home and He will judge him as He sees fit.  What purpose does it serve to rehash old wounds now?  If we can't offer prayers for him and his family or say something nice, just say nothing at all. Why is that so hard for some people?
:beer:   
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

So being a POW gives one a free pass to destroy the country. Good to know.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

You got that right, montanajoe.   McCain is a maverick, to be sure, but I was proud to vote for him,  and wish him safe passage to that golden shore.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Occam's Razor:

John McCain's FBI file was one of the 500 files in the Clinton White House living quarters.

There is no other logical explanation for his political behavior.   A true 'Warrior Maverick' would have unleashed himself on the Clintons and Obamas....uh....see Donald Trump.

Instead we got what we got from him.   He is/was a burr in the GOP ass.

Would a true 'Maverick' state...in the middle of the presidential campaign, that "Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS!"??

I expect that a short time after he passes, we'll learn more details.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
And people wonder why AZ keeps electing him, despite his constant bashing of Republicans and the "reach across the aisle" sucking up to Rats. *****rollingeyes*****

Not all voters prioritize partisan warfare, you know.   Some cling to this quaint notion of public service.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

Not all voters prioritize partisan warfare, you know.   Some cling to this quaint notion of public service.

Oh brother.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And, as usual, you don't know what the hell you are talking about so how about YOU STFU!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien