Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15282 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:17 pm »
The "locker room talk" that Trump supporters defended was made in a public interview, and was definitely made for public consumption.

No Trump supporter who defended Trump's bragging about molesting women should care one whit about what is said about him.

The faux outrage about trash talking a trash talker is hypocritical from those who have stalwartly defended Trump's trash talk.

@musiclady   Maybe you should have lunch with @Rivergirl

No one that I know of on THIS forum has defended Trump about truth or rumors of his past behavior about sex or women. 

You know that.

There are Trump defenders here who defend him, when we can, for trying to govern wisely.  You are insulting us all with a post like that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2018, 06:43:19 pm »
Oh please.  The damn left has always been low born filthy mouthed two bit gutter sluts.  It didn't take Trump to bring that out into the main stream.

@Wingnut   Thanks, another one way out of the ball park.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2018, 06:44:55 pm »

No one that I know of on THIS forum has defended Trump about truth or rumors of his past behavior about sex or women. 

You know that.

There are Trump defenders here who defend him, when we can, for trying to govern wisely.  You are insulting us all with a post like that.

:thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »
At this point it is turning into a game of ridiculous one-upmanship. Michelle Wolf has been doing this sort of thing for years. She writes for The Daily Show, which really kicked off this kind of "discourse." Perhaps that's part of Trump's appeal: after years of getting cheapshotted, a good chunk of the population rallied around the guy who shot cheapshots back, and they haven't let go.

Make no mistake about it: this didn't start with Trump, and it won't end with Trump, either.

@jmyrlefuller   You're right.  It amazes me how several on this thread have managed to turn the ugly and outrageous behavior of Wolf into a diatribe against a man who wasn't even there.

But, hey, it's what they do.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »
@jmyrlefuller   You're right.  It amazes me how several on this thread have managed to turn the ugly and outrageous behavior of Wolf into a diatribe against a man who wasn't even there.

But, hey, it's what they do.

Another  goopo @Emjay    ...   888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 06:48:01 pm »
Go to your average Free Republic thread on Michelle Obama as an example and get back to me.

Which is ironic considering why I got the ban hammer the last time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2018, 06:48:17 pm »
I didn't vote for Pres. Trump because I didn't like the bullying and outrageous lies he told during the primaries. Today I wish I had voted for him. For all the brash, rough, mean attacks he makes he at least has consistently tried to fulfill his campaign promises. We can't say the same for the "genteel" Pubs.

My outrage with the WHCD is not due to the attacks on Pres. Trump, other than the claim he's a racist and supports nazi's. I'm outraged by the attacks on Conway and Sanders. I am especially outraged by the comment by the "comedian" about Sanders being a white Uncle Tom.

@bilo  Me, too.  I like Sarah Sanders and she does a good job at a thankless task.  She responded with total class in a tweet this morning.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 06:49:12 pm »

The mods generally do zot any "Wookie" remarks about Michelle.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2018, 06:51:17 pm »

@Cyber Liberty   I got ousted also but I must admit I wander over there occasionally.  I haven't noticed much interest in Michelle Obama lately, but I gotta say, nothing is too bad for her and also she has NEVER been dissed in a public forum.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 06:53:21 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2018, 06:58:53 pm »

True, which only adds to the irony.  Who do they think they're kidding?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 07:20:42 pm »
So it was the Daily Show that caused Trump to attack Rosie O'Donnell.   Who knew.
There is no excuse.  There is no justification.  There is a lot of dissembling about whose fault we are such a poor example.
Other than Lindsey Graham and Muckabee, I would have accepted any of the other republicans  as president.   I will never in a million years understand the Evangelical community constantly defending the behavior of this president.
We can and must do better in the future.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
So it was the Daily Show that caused Trump to attack Rosie O'Donnell.   Who knew.
There is no excuse.  There is no justification.  There is a lot of dissembling about whose fault we are such a poor example.
Other than Lindsey Graham and Muckabee, I would have accepted any of the other republicans  as president.   I will never in a million years understand the Evangelical community constantly defending the behavior of this president.

But why are you complaining about the president's behavior on this thread?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »

I can think of a lot of justification for attacking Rosie O'Donnell.  Just sayin...

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2018, 07:57:21 pm »
This broad needs a bag for her head, and some soap for her mouth.  Did Roseanne Barr father a love child with Debbie Wasserman Shultz?  Holy moly...

Offline WingNot

« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2018, 08:04:25 pm »
But why are you complaining about the president's behavior on this thread?

Her trump hate flows all over the the ads here at the.  It is her  deal.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2018, 08:08:55 pm »

You know that.

Not so.

There was an entire thread where the poster (and a few others) defended Trump's "locker room talk" as being nothing to be concerned about.   Just words that every guy uses.

And there have been a host of other Trump defenders who have used "just locker room talk" as a way to say that Trump's bragging about molesting women was nothing to worry about.

The hypocrisy is, after all the garbage Trump has said about women and men, the same people would be offended that others are trash talking him.

The consistency is with people who think it's either wrong either way (me and mystery) or no big deal either way.

Hope that clears things up for you, @Emjay

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2018, 08:09:45 pm »
Some WH staffers got up and left..If I was Sara I would have too..I wouldn't have been able to sit and listen to this shit.....so far only the conservative news is outraged...that I can find.

@mystery-ak

They're being praised for sitting and taking it, but I'm not so sure that was the right thing to do.  Personally I would have gone up there and wrenched the mic from that ferret-looking b***h, but then that's why I wouldn't last in Washington...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2018, 08:11:55 pm »
Oh please.  The damn left has always been low born filthy mouthed two bit gutter sluts.  It didn't take Trump to bring that out into the main stream.

I never said it did.

I said that, because of Trump, gutter sluts are now acceptable to some conservatives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2018, 08:11:55 pm »
Me too.

Which is a great part of why I cannot tolerate Trump's degrading others on a regular basis.

I hate this no matter who it comes from.

@musiclady

Exactly.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 08:14:57 pm »
This broad needs a bag for her head, and some soap for her mouth.  Did Roseanne Barr father a love child with Debbie Wasserman Shultz?  Holy moly...

@cato potatoe

Which broad?  The speaker or the ones here turning a thread about a NT using foul language into a thread about how Trumps bad behavior makes the speakers language ok.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 08:25:16 pm »
@cato potatoe

Which broad?  The speaker or the ones here turning a thread about a NT using foul language into a thread about how Trumps bad behavior makes the speakers language ok.

Decisions decisions. ☺

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 08:27:14 pm »
Ex-GOP lawmaker: If WHCA apologizes to Sanders, Trump also has to apologize for his 'ugly' attacks
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/385415-ex-gop-lawmaker-if-whca-apologizes-to-sanders-trump-also-has-to

Disagree totally.

The key word there is "Ex-GOP lawmaker"

The only GD reason we're in THIS mess, is because Pres. George W. Bush agreed with you and @musiclady and never responded to the Left/media 24/7 hate.

It emboldened them.

Donald Trump is POTUS today because he wasn't afraid to attack.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2018, 08:27:33 pm »
@mystery-ak

They're being praised for sitting and taking it, but I'm not so sure that was the right thing to do.  Personally I would have gone up there and wrenched the mic from that ferret-looking b***h, but then that's why I wouldn't last in Washington...

Yeah, I'd have done the same thing as well, but you're right, this is a different crowd.  "Sitting and taking it" is what people like that have to do in order to allow the speaker to look as foolish as possible, because getting up and leaving would have become the story, eclipsing the really foul behavior.  This game is played trough the jaded lens of the biased press. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2018, 08:29:41 pm »
No, both sides are not equally guilty.  Can you even imagine Hillary or Obama being treated this way?

Exactly, @Emjay !

Dubya was cowed by his mother and father.  Donald Trump doesn't have that problem.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald