Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15231 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2018, 05:10:46 pm »
Did you sleep through the entire primary season in 2016?  The culture has been degraded so as to be unrecognizable from just a few years ago.  The name calling, the lies, insults that continue from the white house are at the root of this debacle.   Complain all you want but be honest about the genesis of her taunting of the president.  As for Sarah, how she lives with herself is beyond me.  Two small children that will grow up knowing their mother defended the indefensible.
She does it for the paycheck. She got the job as a nepotism favor after her dad kissed up to Trump early and often. Which probably means she doesn't have a lot of good job prospects otherwise. You do what you have to do.

Besides, the job is White House Press Secretary, the most undignified job in Washington. Can you think of one such person in that position that has had one shred of respect? MAYBE Tony Snow. It is a darn near impossible job if you want to keep your self-respect.

If I ever got offered that gig (and at the rate the administration is going through staffers I just might) I'm using a pseudonym. (Preferably something ridiculous so that the reporters have to refer to me as, for example, "Turd Ferguson" —alas, that one is taken).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2018, 05:14:10 pm »
That's why I can't take any of this faux outrage today seriously. This has been going on for a while. Both sides are guilty of it and both sides feign outrage when it is done against them. We've been listening for over two years to vile things Trump has said and being told, "he just wasn't politically correct, he says what others are thinking...." Everything that was said last night could have come from Trump's Twitter feed about Rosie or Megyn Kelly. . . All those things could have come from a free republic thread about Michelle Obama or come from a DU thread before that about Laura Bush. This is what society has become and we only need a mirror to see the blame.

Well it still gets me upset when I hear it no matter who is doing it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:33 pm »
I might add one thing that bothered me most of all is that very few laughed..most sat on their hands but NOT ONE stood up and told this women to STFU....not even Sara's husband...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2018, 05:26:11 pm »
That's why I can't take any of this faux outrage today seriously. This has been going on for a while. Both sides are guilty of it and both sides feign outrage when it is done against them. We've been listening for over two years to vile things Trump has said and being told, "he just wasn't politically correct, he says what others are thinking...." Everything that was said last night could have come from Trump's Twitter feed about Rosie or Megyn Kelly. . . All those things could have come from a free republic thread about Michelle Obama or come from a DU thread before that about Laura Bush. This is what society has become and we only need a mirror to see the blame.

Exactly.

Both sides are now guilty of the offenses that used to come only from the left.

Thank you very much, Donald Trump.   Now we're in the gutter too.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2018, 05:28:27 pm »
Exactly.

Oh please.  The damn left has always been low born filthy mouthed two bit gutter sluts.  It didn't take Trump to bring that out into the main stream. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of the 'fainters'.    Seems all sense of honor and decency have escaped from  public discourse.
I just don't see how we are going to put the genie back in the bottle.   Perhaps there is hope.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:06 pm »
At this point it is turning into a game of ridiculous one-upmanship. Michelle Wolf has been doing this sort of thing for years. She writes for The Daily Show, which really kicked off this kind of "discourse." Perhaps that's part of Trump's appeal: after years of getting cheapshotted, a good chunk of the population rallied around the guy who shot cheapshots back, and they haven't let go.

Make no mistake about it: this didn't start with Trump, and it won't end with Trump, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:46 pm »
Sometimes you have to get into the gutter.

Lord knows I don't always want the President to be like Trump, but right now at this particular moment in our history, I think someone like Trump is precisely what we need.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 06:15:46 pm »
Sometimes you have to get into the gutter.

Lord knows I don't always want the President to be like Trump, but right now at this particular moment in our history, I think someone like Trump is precisely what we need.

So don't complain when the rest of society digs their way deep into that butter with him.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2018, 06:16:48 pm »
So don't complain when the rest of society digs their way deep into that butter with him.

I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm thrilled the Left is being exposed for what they truly are.

Offline ABX

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 06:21:02 pm »
At this point it is turning into a game of ridiculous one-upmanship. Michelle Wolf has been doing this sort of thing for years. She writes for The Daily Show, which really kicked off this kind of "discourse." Perhaps that's part of Trump's appeal: after years of getting cheapshotted, a good chunk of the population rallied around the guy who shot cheapshots back, and they haven't let go.

Make no mistake about it: this didn't start with Trump, and it won't end with Trump, either.

I think the fuse for the vileness we see today was the 2000 election. All that pent up anger came at just the time the internet really boomed and people started acting differently thinking they were anonymous. Before that, all of this was 'shock jock' territory. Now, we've accepted it as normal and the jokes the shock jocks told in the 90s seem mild by comparison.

Now, your average grandma says wise things about political opponents than Andrew Dice Clay said in 1992.

Trump, Wolf, the lot of them are just a symptom of reflection of society, not the cause.

Offline ABX

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2018, 06:22:18 pm »
I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm thrilled the Left is being exposed for what they truly are.

The left AND right are being exposed for what they are. Both sides like to pretend they have the high ground, but both the left wing and right wing are from the same bird.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2018, 06:23:04 pm »
Politics has always been nasty business.   The Internet and social media just expose it to the masses.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2018, 06:26:07 pm »
who's michelle wolf?

@WarmPotato   I didn't know until yesterday myself but she's a wanna be comedienne who apparently decided the best way to succeed was to trash Trump and his minions.

I understand she was universally panned and I really resented her un-called for remarks about Sarah Sanders.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »
I might add one thing that bothered me most of all is that very few laughed..most sat on their hands but NOT ONE stood up and told this women to STFU....not even Sara's husband...

It's a problem for Christians. We don't tend to stand up and express our outrage at the vile, low class individuals, who demean us and others.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2018, 06:32:03 pm »
Ex-GOP lawmaker: If WHCA apologizes to Sanders, Trump also has to apologize for his 'ugly' attacks
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/385415-ex-gop-lawmaker-if-whca-apologizes-to-sanders-trump-also-has-to
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2018, 06:33:57 pm »
I guess I am a snowflake then. I just don't think anyoneshould be degraded like that in a very public setting..but that's just me.

It certainly is not 'just you.'  I think most of the country either;  had no idea what a White House Correspondents dinner is; ignored it altogether; or maybe read comments about it the next day.

I had no intention of watching it, but my take is that they did themselves more harm than good with this vicious, cruel and spiteful behavior.  Not to mention childish.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2018, 06:35:39 pm »
Exactly.

No, both sides are not equally guilty.  Can you even imagine Hillary or Obama being treated this way?

Offline bilo

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2018, 06:36:22 pm »
Exactly.

I didn't vote for Pres. Trump because I didn't like the bullying and outrageous lies he told during the primaries. Today I wish I had voted for him. For all the brash, rough, mean attacks he makes he at least has consistently tried to fulfill his campaign promises. We can't say the same for the "genteel" Pubs.

My outrage with the WHCD is not due to the attacks on Pres. Trump, other than the claim he's a racist and supports nazi's. I'm outraged by the attacks on Conway and Sanders. I am especially outraged by the comment by the "comedian" about Sanders being a white Uncle Tom.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2018, 06:36:30 pm »
Oh please.  The damn left has always been low born filthy mouthed two bit gutter sluts.  It didn't take Trump to bring that out into the main stream.

I swear some folks will take any issue and use it as a club to beat ‘trump supporters’ with.

Tedious as hell.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:37:11 pm by skeeter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2018, 06:37:31 pm »
@dfwgator

Imagine you were on a bus.  Engaging in some locker room talk and unbeknown to you the other guy was recording it.

Then released it for national news. 

Now that would suck

But everyone on the bus would have their phones out and would be staring at them.  Unless you talked loud enough to wake them from their stupor, in which case you would be recorded and posted on the Net.

Offline ABX

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2018, 06:37:41 pm »
No, both sides are not equally guilty.  Can you even imagine Hillary or Obama being treated this way?

Go to your average Free Republic thread on Michelle Obama as an example and get back to me.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »
Politics has always been nasty business.   The Internet and social media just expose it to the masses.
Indeed. Abraham Lincoln's critics called him a baboon and gorilla - and worse - and they certainly didn't hold back on criticizing Mrs. Lincoln, as well. The difference, of course, is how quickly and broadly the insults can be disseminated in this computer age.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2018, 06:40:18 pm »
Go to your average Free Republic thread on Michelle Obama as an example and get back to me.

You are talking about one website, containing opinions of private citizens versus the entire Mass Media Complex.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »

And it sure as Hell didn't start with Trump.....