Author Topic: Oklahoma House approves controversial LGBTQ adoption bill  (Read 1021 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oklahoma House approves controversial LGBTQ adoption bill
« on: April 28, 2018, 08:37:47 pm »
The Oklahoma House of Representatives has approved a measure that would allow adoption and foster care agencies to reject same-sex couples on religious grounds.

The measure, S.B. 1140, states that "no private child-placing agency shall be required to perform, assist, counsel, recommend, consent to, refer, or participate in any placement of a child for foster care or adoption when the proposed placement would violate the agency's written religious or moral convictions or policies."

That means that adoption and foster care agencies could turn down same-sex couples, single mothers and inter-faith couples if an agency claims that approving such applications would violate its religious or moral convictions.

The bill was approved by the Oklahoma state Senate last month and now heads to Gov. Mary Fallin's (R) desk.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/385228-oklahoma-house-approves-controversial-lgbtq-adoption-bill
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Oklahoma House approves controversial LGBTQ adoption bill
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »
Sad,

They should have seen what happened in Washington a couple weeks ago.  A lesbian couple adopting kids so they could parade them with their political agenda photo shoots.  When it was discovered that they weren't taking care of the children, not feeding them the social workers came for a visit.  They took off with the kids and drove their car off a cliff in California killing them all.  They were photographed many times in Bernie Sanders support and gay rights support images.  One of the children was photographed hugging a policeman in tears.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=Washington+couple+dr&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&q=washington+couple+drives+off+cliff&gs_l=hp..0.0l2j0i22i30l3.0.0.1.5618903...........0.a3qEtXmcp6E
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:58:23 pm »
Sad,

They should have seen what happened in Washington a couple weeks ago.  A lesbian couple adopting kids so they could parade them with their political agenda photo shoots.  When it was discovered that they weren't taking care of the children, not feeding them the social workers came for a visit.  They took off with the kids and drove their car off a cliff in California killing them all.  They were photographed many times in Bernie Sanders support and gay rights support images.  One of the children was photographed hugging a policeman in tears.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=Washington+couple+dr&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&q=washington+couple+drives+off+cliff&gs_l=hp..0.0l2j0i22i30l3.0.0.1.5618903...........0.a3qEtXmcp6E

If only Washington State had politicians with the common sense of the ones in Oklahoma that tragedy would have been avoided.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 10:28:11 am »
Interfaith couples can be banned?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 12:18:18 pm »
"Banned" implies a governmental action. No one is banning anything.
This law states that the government will not force a private adoption agency that has a policy against placing a child with an interfaith (or no faith) potential adopter to so place the child.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 03:50:35 pm »
It’ll be interesting watching how this one gets litigated. 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:15:21 pm »
Interfaith couples can be banned?

Nobody is “banned.” PRIVATE adoption agencies can place children based on their faith. A Catholic agency can refuse to adopt to a Muslim, and vice versa. Likewise, any Christian agency can refuse to adopt to homosexuals and single parents. Or, the private agencies can adopt to all of these groups. It’s a freedom that a PRIVATE business is supposed to have to begin with. That a state needed to pass a law allowing PRIVATE businesses to do what they are already permitted to do is disgusting.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 07:10:28 pm »
Sad,

@Chosen Daughter   We can't judge a group on one sad case, but I think that, on the whole, the sexually confused segment (very small) of our society are not mentally or emotionally stable enough to be trusted with a child.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 07:27:17 pm »
Nothing "Controversial" about this.   Headline sucks.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 07:36:43 pm »
Nothing "Controversial" about this.   Headline sucks.

Anything that isn't liberal is "controversial".

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 08:09:51 pm »
Anything that isn't liberal is "controversial".

It gets so doggone tiresome anymore. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:33:08 pm »
@mountaineer @goodwithagun  You're right; I should have used the phrase "turned down." 

Here's a weird question I just thought of -- do all the non-profit NGO adoption agencies in a state share the same pool of children for adoption? 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.