Author Topic: NY: Cop killer Herman Bell is a free man  (Read 560 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
NY: Cop killer Herman Bell is a free man
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:54:17 pm »
Cop killer Herman Bell is a free man
By Kirstan Conley, Shawn Cohen and Gabrielle Fonrouge

Convicted cop killer and Black Liberation Army member Herman Bell walked out of prison a free man Friday afternoon after more than 40 years behind bars — despite fierce protests from the NYPD’s largest union and the widow of one of his victims.

Bell, 70, left Shawangunk Correctional Facility in Wallkill, New York, just after 5 p.m. in a state corrections van. His release was not visible to the media.

Sources told The Post he is headed to Brooklyn.

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/cop-killer-herman-bell-is-a-free-man/

While that MAGA cap thread is in its 6th page, this story hit the news yesterday. He killed 2 cops, one was black like Bell is, around I believe 1971.  The last paragraph at link, indicates that a hearing on May 4th, next week, could see the suspect back behind bars which I hope for.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:01:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: NY: Cop killer Herman Bell is a free man
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:34:23 pm »
I think there was probably no death penalty in 1971, if one brings that up, at least, it could not be carried out.

Offline mountaineer

Re: NY: Cop killer Herman Bell is a free man
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:50:37 pm »
If I recall correctly,  the death penalty was found unconstitutional in 1972. Still no reason to release this mope.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org