Author Topic: Let's Hear Your Conspiracy Theories On North Korea The Sudden Change  (Read 3009 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Let's Hear Your Conspiracy Theories On North Korea The Sudden Change
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 06:43:34 pm »
Last night I discussed this stuff with my lefty sister. I reminded her the Iranian mullahs released our hostages, the very day Reagan was inaugurated.

She scoffed. She can't imagine that Reagan or Trump could be successful with the "peace through strength" paradigm. But I can.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 06:51:33 pm »
Last night I discussed this stuff with my lefty sister. I reminded her the Iranian mullahs released our hostages, the very day Reagan was inaugurated.

She scoffed. She can't imagine that Reagan or Trump could be successful with the "peace through strength" paradigm. But I can.

Yeah, I was a young man when Reagan said things like "The evil empire", and "we begin bombing in 5 minutes" and the media and the left said, "Oh no, that crazy movie cowboy is going to get us all killed!" Even some on our side started to wonder.

Now, I am older, and Trump says things like "Rocket Man", and "Little Kim" and the media and the left said, "Oh no, that crazy TV host is going to get us all killed!" Even some on our side started to wonder.

Weird
Kind of like the Twilight Zone.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »
But seriously, folks....

I think it has more to do with threats from China than from Trump....

since Lil Kim has created a mega environmental disaster that also threatens China (ie the nuke site mountains collapse, leaking radiation, etc.).

I think China 'explained the benefits' to Lil Kim..... finally.

How do you explain NK and SK getting buddy buddy the last few days? China is 100% against those two countries becoming friendly.

No, something big happened behind the scenes.

@XenaLee
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:54:06 pm by mirraflake »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 06:53:09 pm »
My conspiracy theory is that Trump and Reagan went to different high schools together.

Maybe brothers from another mother.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 07:01:02 pm »
How do you explain NK and SK getting buddy buddy the last few days? China is 100% against those two countries becoming friendly.

No, something big happened behind the scenes.

@XenaLee
Wonder if someone important caught a cold, heh heh heh . . . ;)

(Remember how we used to hear about Soviet Communist Party general secretaries dying---they caught colds first.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »
Kim figures he’ll get lots more goodies out of the US and western powers if he plays a good game of rope-a-dope with them. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:50 pm »
Wonder if someone important caught a cold, heh heh heh . . . ;)

(Remember how we used to hear about Soviet Communist Party general secretaries dying---they caught colds first.)

That was how Leonid"unibrow" Brezhnev went.  Caught a "summer" cold.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 07:18:26 pm »
That was how Leonid"unibrow" Brezhnev went.  Caught a "summer" cold.
So did Yuri Andropov and Konstantin Chernenko. Only it happened so fast with those guys you forget they were there in the first place, almost.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 07:26:38 pm »
I think everything Kim is doing right now is centered around two objectives: (1) legitimizing his position as a leader on the world stage; and (2) reducing tensions with South Korea while dividing the US and the South.  I don’t think he has any intention of actually denuking (and I can’t imagine a likely scenario where it’s in his actual best interest to do so).  I think his meetings today with the South are helping both of these objectives.  I think he’ll “invent” some reason to cause the talks with the US to break down, and I think he’ll try to paint Trump as the bad guy there.  Meeting with, but standing up to, the US President will probably further solidify his standing in his country.  It'll also gain him lots of propaganda value.  Depending upon how he plays it, it may even garner some sympathy on the world stage.  I hope I’m wrong and hope he’s serious about denuking, but I doubt it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 07:36:47 pm »
IMHO the sudden change happened because the cave/tunnel where they were conducting their tests collapsed...more than likely taking out millions of dollars of needed equipment for the program in the collapse...not to mention a few of their scientists.

His whole program basically imploded and he had no other choice at this point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 07:48:30 pm »
Every few years the NK regime tries their exploitation routine.  The previous actors are all dead and buried so it's now the young UN's time.

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 07:58:24 pm »
I think everything Kim is doing right now is centered around two objectives: (1) legitimizing his position as a leader on the world stage; and (2) reducing tensions with South Korea while dividing the US and the South.  I don’t think he has any intention of actually denuking (and I can’t imagine a likely scenario where it’s in his actual best interest to do so).  I think his meetings today with the South are helping both of these objectives.  I think he’ll “invent” some reason to cause the talks with the US to break down, and I think he’ll try to paint Trump as the bad guy there.  Meeting with, but standing up to, the US President will probably further solidify his standing in his country.  It'll also gain him lots of propaganda value.  Depending upon how he plays it, it may even garner some sympathy on the world stage.  I hope I’m wrong and hope he’s serious about denuking, but I doubt it.

:thumbsup:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 08:08:20 pm »
IMHO the sudden change happened because the cave/tunnel where they were conducting their tests collapsed...more than likely taking out millions of dollars of needed equipment for the program in the collapse...not to mention a few of their scientists.

His whole program basically imploded and he had no other choice at this point.

I wish we could say a MOAB did the damage.  But sometimes fate or a commando team with a crapload of explosives  works too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 12:48:56 am »
Trump has made "a deal" with China (details which have yet to be disclosed).

In return, China has made the lil' fat boy "an offa he can't refuse"...

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:55 am »
The Norks are playing us for fools as they do with every new administration and ever new administration falls for it... :shrug:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 01:01:41 am »
The Norks are playing us for fools as they do with every new administration and ever new administration falls for it... :shrug:

Thanks for playing. A home version of Geopolitical solutions for a modern world will be your parting gift for playing our game.   Johnny... tell Joe what else he has won.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 01:26:34 am »
Thanks for playing. A home version of Geopolitical solutions for a modern world will be your parting gift for playing our game.   Johnny... tell Joe what else he has won.

Hey, you asked for it.    ^-^

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2018, 01:38:27 am »
@montanajoe
@Rivergirl

! No longer available

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2018, 02:48:37 am »
But seriously, folks....

I think it has more to do with threats from China than from Trump....

since Lil Kim has created a mega environmental disaster that also threatens China (ie the nuke site mountains collapse, leaking radiation, etc.).

I think China 'explained the benefits' to Lil Kim..... finally.

I agree.

China warned Kim months ago to knock off the nuke tests which could collapse the mountain near their border.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2018, 03:19:24 am »

This time is different.  I think he's having trouble holding his dictatorship together.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2018, 06:02:43 am »
This time is different.  I think he's having trouble holding his dictatorship together.

I'd respectfully disagree. I've spent many years in SE Asia including the Korean peninsula. Kim like his father is considered a deity in the country, speculation that he has any internal opposition is a fantasy that every administration in the past has used to make the claim that "this time its different"... :shrug:

It's not different this time...