Author Topic: 'No Decision' By Trump On Iran Nuclear Deal: Bolton  (Read 414 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
'No Decision' By Trump On Iran Nuclear Deal: Bolton
« on: April 30, 2018, 12:36:07 am »

Washington (AFP) - US President Donald Trump has not yet decided whether to scrap the Iran nuclear deal, US National Security Advisor John Bolton said Sunday.

"He has made no decision on the nuclear deal, whether to stay in or get out," Bolton told Fox News Sunday.

"He is certainly considering the framework, the four pillars that President (Emmanuel) Macron laid out in their meeting last week," said Bolton, referring to efforts to supplement the Iran deal with additional measures to make it more palatable to Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-decision-trump-iran-nuclear-deal-bolton-212648085.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: 'No Decision' By Trump On Iran Nuclear Deal: Bolton
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:49:01 am »
I get the impression it'll be recertified again, because of the upcoming North Korea talks.  It would be difficult to go into nuclear negotiations right after leaving a previous agreement, whether you were party to the initial deal, or not.  My feeling is the rationale will be similar to the omnibus bill - "I didn't want to, but I had to sign it because ________ and this is the last time."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 01:03:50 am »
I get the impression it'll be recertified again, because of the upcoming North Korea talks.  It would be difficult to go into nuclear negotiations right after leaving a previous agreement, whether you were party to the initial deal, or not.  My feeling is the rationale will be similar to the omnibus bill - "I didn't want to, but I had to sign it because ________ and this is the last time."

That is not how Trump Plays. 

There is a new game in town,
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:55:20 pm »
If the announcement by Netanyahu didn’t convince anyone the deal should be scrapped, nothing will.