Author Topic: The Can't-Do Republicans  (Read 617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Can't-Do Republicans
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »
The Can't-Do Republicans
Brent Bozell and Tim Graham

|
Posted: Apr 27, 2018 12:01 AM

Back in '92, the late Paul Weyrich and I held a press conference during the Republican National Convention to make two announcements.

First, we were endorsing George Bush 41's re-election. Second, we'd just made the most meaningless endorsement in history. He had so thoroughly bungled his first term that there was nothing to be done to save him. And we were right.

The Republicans are now facing the same future in November. At this point, they will certainly lose the House and quite possibly the Senate. Worse, they've so botched their opportunity that only they can save themselves now. Their $1.3 trillion omnibus bill was not just the most reckless spending bill in history, it was an abject surrender on every single political and policy pledge made to those who put them in office, save helping the military.

It's been this way from the start. First, they asked for control of the House and its appropriations authority to right the fiscal ship, and as importantly, to end Obamacare. In 2010, they got it -- and immediately stated they could do nothing without the Senate. In 2014, they were awarded that, too -- and just as quickly declared they could do nothing without the White House. So, in 2016 they were handed that, and with it complete control of the legislative process, but now with no more excuses available.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozellandtimgraham/2018/04/27/the-cantdo-republicans-n2475097
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: The Can't-Do Republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 03:02:17 pm »
Here's what they need to do, in six easy steps.

Too late.

I'm forever done with them.  For all the reasons and more of what Bozell notes.

Time to start new with something else. 

The GOP is corrupted beyond redemption and has been taken over by Democrats running as a pretend-opposition party.  It is now part of the shell-game used to fleece what remains of your liberty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 03:04:10 pm »
They played me like a cheap fiddle for a LONG time but I'm over it now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:33:18 pm »
From the article:

It's so obvious, really. At this point the GOP faithful are set to make a devastating declaration in seven months: "We gave you complete control, and you not
only accomplished nothing, you broke your word on virtually everything. Good-bye."

And you know what, Republicans? They're right.

Really.

What the hell do Bozell and Graham think the Republicans did the last time they had complete control in 2002-2006?

Here's a big part of your answer:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:38:56 pm »
They played me like a cheap fiddle for a LONG time but I'm over it now!
Better late than never.

I told them where to shove it after Newtie and his Blowfish in 1998 came up with a budget that called for more spending than even Droopy-Drawers Clinton
asked for . . . that, folks, and not the Clinton impeachment, was why they blew enough seats in the election, while those few Republicans who
had the stones to stare Newtie down and tell him that kind of crap was not what they signed up for actually got re-elected. Impressing Newtie not
one iota until enough in the House finally found the cojones to force him to quit before they could fire him as Speaker of the House. And he had
the audacity to say they were acting like cannibals.

I registered Libertarian right then and there. Staying that way until Harry Browne proved that as an economist he was effective and pungent but as a
political candidate he was wholly capable of behaving like a Chicago machine politician. (He strong-armed enough of the party apparatus into funneling
funds to his campaign against the party's rule that no funds go to a candidate until or unless he or she has the party's endorsement; and, his
people took over enough of the machinery to obstruct anyone trying to get to the bottom of the shenanigans, including and especially writers for
Liberty magazine, a journal that had long supported the LP but wasn't any too thrilled about being treated like that, which didn't quite stop them
from getting the full low-down on the Browne shenanigans.) Then, I registered independent. And remain that way.

And where is Newt Gangrene now? He's one of Donaldus Minimus's most reliable shills.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:42:12 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:44:34 am »
Too late.

The GOP is corrupted beyond redemption and has been taken over by Democrats running as a pretend-opposition party.  It is now part of the shell-game used to fleece what remains of your liberty.
Antarctica is still open for settling.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:30:47 am »
Too late.

Yep.  The final straw to me was having control of both the Legislative and the Executive branches yet adding trillions to the national debt.  Any doubts I may have had were erased when Congress passed and the President signed the Omnibus Spending Bill.  Although the GOP cared about the debt and deficit under Obama, they sure don’t under Trump.  Time to find someone who truly cares about fiscal responsibility all the time, not just when the opposition is power.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 11:47:56 am »
 The GOP CAN'T start supporting Trump. He is the outsider that came in and exposed them for the corrupt fools they are,and if they were to start backing him it would just highlight how corrupt and deceitful they have been ever since Reagan left office.

It would be an admission that the party regulars are wrong,not Trump and not Trump supporters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!