Author Topic: ‘Jon poked the bear’: Tester braces for Trump’s revenge  (Read 901 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 â€˜Jon poked the bear’: Tester braces for Trump’s revenge

Trump is set to campaign against the Montana Democrat for helping sink his VA secretary nominee.

By BURGESS EVERETT

04/26/2018 05:47 PM EDT

Updated 04/26/2018 06:04 PM EDT

Jon Tester didn't intend to play a central role in taking down President Donald Trump's pick to lead the Veterans Affairs Department. Yet that's exactly what the Montana Democrat ended up doing

And now, Trump is coming after him.

The president is enraged over Tester’s work documenting allegations of malfeasance by Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, which quickly unraveled Jackson’s nomination to be VA secretary and marks a turning point in the relationship between the moderate Democrat and Trump.

As Tester’s reelection campaign kicks into high gear, Trump is more motivated than ever to campaign against him in the ruby-red state — accusing the senator of irresponsibly leaking the damaging information to undermine the president's nominee.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/26/jon-tester-trump-revenge-556111
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Jon Tester didn't intend to play a central role

Then why did he fabricate that laundry list of unsubstantiated charges against this doctor?

Offline endicom

"The president is enraged..."

Someone consulted a thesaurus.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Tester only won by 3.5 points as the incumbent in 2012 and the Libertarian got 6%, so he’s definitely vulnerable.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline cato potatoe

It's a prime opportunity, but the strongest candidates have declined.  Tester seems to luck out every time (same as Claire McCaskill).

Offline edpc

It's a prime opportunity, but the strongest candidates have declined.  Tester seems to luck out every time (same as Claire McCaskill).

They’re using Greitens and comments from Hawley about women.  They figure it worked the last time against Akin.

Offline montanajoe

I doubt this will hurt Tester among Montana Vets, he has done far more for us Montana vets than draft dodging Trump ever has. Tester secured funding in the omnibus for a long needed Veterans home, expansion and upgrading of facilities at the Fort Harrison VA as well as upgrades to the various VA clinics through out the state. Montana has one of the highest percentages of Vets in the country about 100,000 or 10% of the state population.

Seems to me and from the conversations I've had with other Montana vets facing long waits for appointments, poor staffing when you do get an appointment, and outdated facilities reelecting Tester, and preserving his seniority on the Senate's Veterans Affairs Committee makes sense, irregardless of whether one supports Trump.... :shrug:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I doubt this will hurt Tester among Montana Vets, he has done far more for us Montana vets than draft dodging Trump ever has. Tester secured funding in the omnibus for a long needed Veterans home, expansion and upgrading of facilities at the Fort Harrison VA as well as upgrades to the various VA clinics through out the state. Montana has one of the highest percentages of Vets in the country about 100,000 or 10% of the state population.

Seems to me and from the conversations I've had with other Montana vets facing long waits for appointments, poor staffing when you do get an appointment, and outdated facilities reelecting Tester, and preserving his seniority on the Senate's Veterans Affairs Committee makes sense, irregardless of whether one supports Trump.... :shrug:

Whatever.  Nice to see you have the veterans from Montana's back.  But Tester sucks monkey dick.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online roamer_1

Sorry, nope. Whacko-Liberal Democrat. I won't ever vote for Tump, but I sure as hell won't vote for Testicle either.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:09:17 am by roamer_1 »

Offline corbe

Remember, this is about our Vets.  What pizzes me off is it was a big promise throughout Trumps Campaign to take care of the Vets, even skipped a Debate to hold a Fundraiser (whatever), appoints the second in command (entrenched bureaucrat) that didn't even last a year, then Jackson, little executive experience and an obummer appointee with a Negative IG report under his belt, yep, Trump hires the best BUT it's our Vets who are suffering through this CF of a solution to the problem that is the VA.

*Perry's not the answer either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline montanajoe

Sorry, nope. Whacko-Liberal Democrat. I won't ever vote for Tump, but I sure as hell won't vote for Testicle either.

I certainly understand that opinion. I suppose my view is skewed because I and most of the guys I know make heavy use of VAHC ...I'd be dead long ago if not for the VA....

I do appreciate the irony of my "principled" opposition to Trump and while I'd usually never consider voting for Tester, as I agree he is a Whacko-Liberal Democrat but he has taken care of the vets, including me, that depend on the VA.

I guess maybe the only rational vote  in today's America is not based on party or ideology but self interest... :shrug:

Edit: To be clear I'd never publicly support Tester, make any contribution to his campaign, or go out of my way to vote for him...but if there is a real conservative on the ballot that I enthusiastically supported I'd probably mark Tester down ticket based on my own self interest.. :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:37:01 am by montanajoe »

Online roamer_1

Edit: To be clear I'd never publicly support Tester, make any contribution to his campaign, or go out of my way to vote for him...but if there is a real conservative on the ballot that I enthusiastically supported I'd probably mark Tester down ticket based on my own self interest.. :shrug:

I don't know if that's necessary @montanajoe ... a real conservative would care for the vets too - That's damn near guaranteed.

I'll applaud Tester for your (all y'all) sake, and credit it to him. But saving that at the expense of all the rest just ain't the right thing to do.

YMMV - No fault, no foul.  :beer:

Offline edpc

John is a lot braver than Charlie....

! No longer available